Saturday, March 17, 2007

Cherry Blossom Festival... Fun Times...

Well everyone... I enjoyed some events hosted by the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival. It is a 10 day festival featuring hundreds of arts, history and entertainment events. Well, today, they had the Dixie Disk Dog Championships. We got there at about 10:30 this morning. It was cold... and I loved it. About 45 degrees! It warmed up to 60 by the time we left at 3:30. Well... here I am below waiting for the event to begin.....

Ok.. so I met alot of pup pals... this one, I really thought he was cute! His name is Ace and he is a Belgian Tervuren. Mom took some great photos of him catching his disks. Then, she went over and talked to him and his owner and told him she got some great shots. They exchanged email address. Then, Ace, went into my mom's purse and found my stash of dog treats. I let him have some of them.


So as all of these wonderful athletes were busy chasing those circular things in the air and jumping and catching them... I was busy rolling around on the ground where I had just pawed at my water bowl pouring out all of the water that mom and dad packed for me.



So next we took a walk and saw some interesting things. People think it is a good idea to dress up their animals in unacceptable clothing or paint them PINK!. Now, I don't have a problem with that color, but I don't think it is a good idea to dip your dog in a bath of pink stuff! Check out this poor Cocker Spaniel - in Pink!

So, we kept walking... I ran into a English Bulldog/Mastiff or something similar. Someone put stencils all over him and then topped it off with spray paint.

Ok... now this was really weird. It was a dog.. I think? But it stood on two legs. I don't understand. I was a bit leery of it... but I did smell it's paw...er... hand.

Ok... after meeting many many many new friends... even ran into two Siberians! How cool was that? One was just a pup. I could tell by the energy. The other one was 6 years old. She was shorter than me, but thicker in the chest and tummy area! Her tail was not as long as mine either. So... on our way heading out.. we stopped by this HUGE caged area. Something caught my eye....
Look closely in front of me... do you see it? If not.... check out the next picture...


Yes... those are TIGERS! Bengal Tigers to be exact. I was not sure what to make of something so FREAKING HUGE! I looked at mom and started to pull her away from the cage. As we walked away from those big cats, I kept looking back to make sure they were staying put.

All in all it was a BANNER day! I did wear my green bandanna since it is St. Patty's Day. Well.. it is NAP time because I am so tired of my adventurers today. Until next time.... Hugs and kisses to you all...

8 comments:

Althea said...

Hey Sitka,

Sounds like you had a cool adventure today.

Some times my feline sister Delilah claws my nose. I can't imagine what those tigers could do to me. Good thing you got out of there and keep and eye on them as you left.

Later,
Althea

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka,
I read your HULA application on Meeshka's blog, and I must say that I am quite impressed with your accomplishments, particularly the one about your mom's nose.

Steve

Sophie Brador said...

Wow! Those tigers are really cool. But what were they doing there? That kind of makes me sad.

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Althea... Yes, it was very fun!! I kept my eye close on those tigers. Tia, my feline sister, her claws are bad when she claws my nose too! I can not even imagine what the tigers would do. I wanted to get away from them :)

Steve (& Kat) - woo woo, thank woo for reading my HULA application. Yeah, I did a costly job on mom's nose.. but it is all better now and she did not hold it against me one minute!

Sophie.. yeah, the tigers were cool until I realized they were bigger than me. Like I said on your blog... they are from India and are here throughout the festival doing 3 30 min shows a day and a nightly feeing that you can go see.

Hugs, Sitka

PiratesGrrl said...

It looks like a pretty good time at the Festival! Great pics!

The Brat Pack

The Army of Four said...

Sitka! Look out for the giant CAT! Wowzers, that thing is HUGE! How scary!
You look very pretty in your green scarf!
Play bows,
Zim

IndyPindy said...

Wow, looks like it was an exciting day! I would not have been so calm watching all of those dogs run and jump, I would have tried to run and jump with them!

Suki said...

Sitka, you are so beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Those tigers look scary, but I think I could take 'em!
Puggy kisses
Suki