Monday, March 26, 2007

Nurse Sitka and Tia

This weekend was a lazy one. I spent the day with Dad because Mom had a 3 year old biped birthday to go to. I an not sure why I did not get to go. Here is a picture of all of mom's best friend's children - in other words - my mom's "nieces". The picture - Left to Right - is Audrey, Kate (the birthday girl) and Emma!


Well Friends... My feline sister and I have been playing NURSE to our mom! Seems last Wednesday, she started complaining about her left side chest/rib cage area hurting when she slept on her left side, back or stomach. Also it hurt when she sat up straight or took really deep breaths. Since she is a back, left side or stomach sleeper, she has not slept very well for that reason alone. Well.. After playing nurse last week and throughout the weekend... it finally got bad enough that she called a doctor friend last night and went into see the Doc this morning. Mom thought it was a pulled or torn muscle in her rib cage, and the doctor seems to agree. So.. they gave mom 2 kinds of medicine and a shot in the butt.. Ouch!

So... today, all we did was sleep on the bed and it was GREAT. Also.. this is mom's spring break from her day job, so that is even better. I had hoped that we would do something fun today, but with one of the medications, mom can't drive. One of the medicines acts like a s it is like a sedative. So, mom driving would be BAD. Zim.. did you learn how to drive yet? Perhaps you can teach me so I can drive mom around.

Well.. not much else to report on. Maybe mom will get to feeling better and I won't be so "blue" and mom can play with me. Playing Nurse is HARD work my friends.

7 comments:

Rafv said...

hi, Sitka, Send my big licks to your mum? don't worry, she will get well soon!

R

Suki said...

Aw, Sitka, how nice of you to take care of your mommy like that. I hope she feels better soon :)

Make sure to share those popsicles with her, ok?
Puggy kisses
Suki

PiratesGrrl said...

Good job taking care of Mom. Sometimes it's good to repay the favor.

Hope she's feeling better FAST!

Thrawn & The Brat Pack

PS - Blue, that's funny. ;)

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Rafv, Suki and Thrawn (and crew) - Thank woo for the well wishes for my mom! She is feeling much better today after two days of meds. She is still taking it easy, and I am making sure of that!!! Glad woo liked my blue picture :) ha roooo!
hugs, Sitka

Macie-Malechai said...

Boy Howdy Sitka, being nurse is hard, we had to play it with our lady a couple weeks ago & honestly did not care for it at all! We hope your human feels better soon!
Face Licks, M&M

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

What a good puppy you are!! I hope your mom gives you lots of treats and kisses to thank you for your medical duties.

Kat

Holly said...

Such cute bipeds!!!!

I sure hope your human gets to feeling better very soon. That sure sounds painful!!!!

Be nice to her, and give lots of kisses and let her snuggle with you. That is sure to make her feel MUCH better!

Holly