Friday, March 2, 2007

The Running Siberian... and Tornadoes...

Woo Woo Every Sibe!

Yesterday, Althea posted a comment and asked where I got the running Siberian graphic on my blog.

I *borrowed* it from my friend's site - Ireland. You too can put it up on your blog!!!!

Here is how to add it to your blog..... On my blog, or Ireland's, right click on the Siberian Husky Running image and select "save picture as" to save it to your PC. Then, on your blog, go into the dashboard, go into layout, add a page element, then select picture. Then browse on your PC to locate the image. Voila!!!

On another note... we were in the LINE OF FIRE yesterday evening and night. We had tornadoes all around! There was a funnel cloud 3 blocks from my house! I was home with Dad and mom was at the dance studio with a bunch of 10 year olds huddled in the bathroom as the warnings were going off. There was a confirmed touch down with major destruction about 3-4 miles from the dance studio. Fortunately, everyone in my family is safe! I feel bad for those who lost their homes - throughout Alabama and Georgia.

Have a great Friday! I know I will. We go to SONIC tonight to get me some ICE CREAM! I just love it!

***UPDATE***
Thanks to Holly who tried to get the image on her blog... we have found that there is a glitch somewhere. The husky image is coming up with a blue screen behind it and it is not running. If the directions above do not work for you... try this other way. Here is an exerpt from what my mom sent to Holly's mom...

Do this for me... go into your dashboard, and back into layout. Go into the page element that you created for the image by clicking on "edit". Once you are there, delete the page element. At the bottom of the pop up window, click "remove page element".

Now... go back into your dashboard, back into layout, select add a new page element, and select add a picture to you blog. Now.. rather than browsing in your PC for the file that you saved from my page... see the other line where it says URL? I want you to add this URL - http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/gsbelle/lopende-husky.gif I uploaded it to my photobucket account (and have tested this, so hopefully it works for you). The image should appear and he should be running and no blue background. Hopefully you are seeing this correctly??? If so... click save. And that should fix it.

8 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Did the great Siberian on the pole "woo"? Did you sing along? We like to sing with it when it goes off here.
We're glad you're safe!
Play bows,
Zim

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Woo Woo Zim...
Heck no - I did not sing along with the great Siberian on the pole! Dad had me and my feline sister huddled in the center downstairs of our house (in a closet, I might add). I was NOT Happy. I was panting and shaking and Tia was pissy! It was VERY noisy. We had golf ball hail, 50 plus wind and HEAVY rain! Today when mom and dad were heading to work... 3 blocks from our house, where the funnel cloud was spotted, there were trees uprooted everywhere!!!

Thanks for the well wishes :) We didn't have damage at our house, so good :)
Hugs, Sitka

The Army of Four said...

Wowzers, that's scary! Stormy posted a good shot of one of our storms that blew through here. You can click that link to see it. Mom is fascinated with weather. She's weird sometimes.
Play bows,
Zim

The Army of Four said...

Zim forgot to ask -- mind if we add your link to our sidebar?
Tail wags,
Storm

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Silly Zim! You sound like me. I can not remember to ask everything at once!

Zim and Storm - I would be honored if I was added to the ARMY OF FOUR's blawg!!!

I am going to go check out your STORM post, Storm. I will let ya know what I think :)

Hugs, Sitka

Holly said...

Hey Sitka, I'm glad you are all safe. It is so sad about all those families, and especially those who lost their loved ones.

That is a cool running husky! I might have to add that to my blog too, cuz it kinda looks like me too!

I added you to my friends list! I see you have me on yours! Thanks so much!

Holly

Holly said...

Sitka, I can't get my husky to run!! He just stands there on a blue screen, and it won't let me edit it! What did I do wrong???

Holly said...

Forgot to ask....Is your human a Sibernetter? Mine is!!!!!!