Sunday, March 4, 2007

My Storm Coverage...

Woo Woo Every Sibe and Non-Sibe...

Today... mom and dad took me out to check out some of the damage in the county we live in. Also, mom and dad saw some of the damage from mom's hometown as well. They were hit VERY hard. My granna and grandadders (my mom's parents) home is fine... but the county has been declared as a disaster. I am going to post some of the pictures that granna and grandadders took.

The Sheriff in my granna's county said 58 homes were completely destroyed by the tornadoes. This first home pictured was just flattened!


This picture below has an interesting story. It is almost amazing.. ok, it IS amazing. The homeowner was inside his home watching the weather on the TV. He went outside on his deck to see if he could see anything. The next thing he knew, he had been thrown across the highway by the tornado and his home was wrapped around trees. What a miracle that he went outside his home at the moment that he did. Otherwise, he may have been killed.


This picture below is from the freeway. It is about 6-8 miles or so from my house, and the neighborhood behind the retaining wall was hit pretty hard. There were MANY places like this on the freeway.



My mom took this picture today. The funnel cloud that was spotted 2-3 blocks from our home, laid down these three trees across the road. Luckily, no homes, humans, or animals were harmed by this.



Mom and Dad pass this home every Sunday when they go see my granna and grandadders. There were three windows on the 2nd floor of this home. As you can see... one of them is gone. A tree went right through it.

The lake right down the street from the above picture is still so muddy and rocky from the storms.


And a bit of excitement for ME. You can refer back to the AO4's blog regarding the Tonka Toys/Robot CATS. Well... I FOUND ONE! It was a "CAT" one too. But, I did not see my feline sister, so I really don't understand why it said "CAT" on it??? Check me out.....


Ok - let's see if I can fit inside it's mouth....


Here is my mom and me with the "Robot CAT" thing... Don't I look pretty?



Well... sorry for all of the pictures in today's blawg. I have MANY more, but I figured I would not post every single one of them. Can you tell my mom likes to take pictures???

Have a nice Sunday evening. I think I am going to take another nap. Toodles...

5 comments:

PiratesGrrl said...

That's so sad about all those families and homes. I wonder how many animals were hurt, you hardly ever hear about that.

Thanks for the coverage - you're like SibeCNN.

Thrawn from The Brat Pack

Holly said...

Sitka, you are so lucky to be safe! My human HATES storms and tornados!! She is VERY afraid of them. Whenever there is bad weather here in the spring and summer she asks herself "why do I live here!" Which is why she wants to move to norther Minnesota, so she won't have to worry about those tornado things so much.

She always makes sure she puts all of us in the basement whenver there is any sort of possible tornados here! She's seen The Wizard of Oz WAY too many times!
(those people in Kansas and Oklahoma are crazy to live there too!) Now I'm gonna have to worry about my boy Dave and his Ao4 family too!!!!!!!

Holly

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Thrawn - You crack me up.. SibeCNN! I wonder if CNN will give me a job? heheh! Yes, it is so sad about all of the families and I too wonder how many animals were hurt! My prayers go out to all of them!

Holly - I hate the storms. I don't like thunder!! and with all of the 50 + winds the other night, I was not happy. My mom doesn't like tornadoes either because she can't see them to know when they will hit. It never fails when we go under warnings in GA, that it is at NIGHT!!

I do have to say with my reporting yesterday, the robot cats were the best!

Hugs, Sitka

The Army of Four said...

Oh, what powerful storms you had roll through! Incredible pix, Sitka - thanks for sharing them. It's amazing more people and animals weren't hurt.
I'm glad you told Holly you hate "storms" and not "Storms"... or I'd really be upset! Ha roo roo roo! Just kidding.
Wow, there's a robocat by you, too? It's scooping you up, just like it went after Zimmie! Oh, no! Look out! Ha roo. :)
Tail wags,
Storms

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Oh sweet Storm!! I certaintly LOVE you... it is the storms in the sky that I don't really adore! ha rooo roo!!! You are silly!

Yes, I enjoyed meeting the robot cat. It was interesting. I never put more than one paw inside it's mouth!!! I enjoyed smelling around it.. very interesting!

Hugs, Sitka