Monday, April 16, 2007

I love my sister....

I just love my sister! I am so blessed to have her and for her to enjoy spending time with me. In the summer and sometimes during storms, I like to get in the bathtub. On this RARE occasion, I decided to hop in and take a nap and guess what? Tia joined me! she has never done this before, but it was kinda fun. Take a look at us....

Well.. up until last night, the BIG CHAIR has always "belonged" to Tia. She loves to lay in it and push aside all of the pillows. Well, this weekend, while watching The Holiday, Tia and Mom pushed aside the pillows to lay in it together. The fortunate thing for me is the pillows were left pushed aside leaving some room for me. Check me out...


Well, the REALLY cool thing about the BIG CHAIR is this - I LOVE my sister Tia. I often like to lay beside her, but sometimes she doesn't like me bothering her. I guess since she is 14, she is really set in her ways. Also, usually when I get near her, I LOVE to play with her. You know, the fun stuff like put her head in my mouth. However, every single time I try to do that mom gets onto me. I don't actually chomp down, I just like to hold her. I don't understand why mom doesn't realize that. Ok, so, last night was a real ... I mean REAL treat.

Tia was laying in the BIG CHAIR.... I came inside from having a potty break from the Amazing Race, ate my treat, the spotted Tia. So, I walked on over there to her and crawled up to join her in the BIG CHAIR. Look at us...


The BEST thing about this was she tolerated it. We laid there together for about 10 minutes, and through the photo session by mom, then felt like I needed to get down and lay on the sofa (my usual standby!).
I am blessed to have such a wonderful sister!!!
P.S. Several have emailed me or left a message on my blog... but we are ok from the storm system that did so much damage to Thrawn's house. We had ALOT of rain and Sunday was a very windy day (up to 50 mph gusts). Thank goodness we did not have a repeat of March 1st.

19 comments:

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, you're a good sister. Your story is kind of like ours. There is a love seat in front of the windows in our living room. That is Wilbur's couch. He likes to sit on the back of it and look out the window. However, now that we are big, I like to jump on that couch and wrestle Kat. So I've kind of taken it over. Wilbur would probably never lay on it with me. Maybe when he is 14 though. Only 12 more years to go.

Steve

Suki said...

It's nice to see I'm not the only one that loves cats. Well, no, I shouldn't say that. I love Marie, but not all cats.

You look so funny sleeping in the tub, Sitka! LOL!

Puggy kisses
Suki

macgoogle said...

Awww you are so nice to your sister. Love the bathtub shot! Maybe one day I will have a brother or sister....

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

PiratesGrrl said...

Sitka,

You're really nice to share with your sister and to be so nice to a cat. I don't know if I could do it. I have to tell Tucker and Bear about the tub for storms, maybe that would make them calmer during one.

The insurance man is coming to our house on Wednesday and hopefully we can get everything fixed soon.

Macho Husky Love,
Thrawn

Holly said...

Ok, laughed out loud before I even started reading when I saw you both in the bath tub!!! And I thought the pictures of Sam in the tub were funny! I'd say you have that beat!

The picture of you both in the chair was precious! How sweet of you to share with each other.

Are you sure you're a sibe? :)

Holly

Fu Fu said...

Oh Sitka, you look so cute in the tub with Tia. :)

~ fufu

Tasha & Eva said...

Hi Sitka and Tia, Tasha here. Tia, you are one amazing kitty! You allow Sitka to put your head in her mouth?!?! That's great! We had cats here, too, but that was a long time ago. Very cute pictures of you guys hanging out! Belly Rubs, Tasha

Ferndoggle said...

Those are the cutest pictures EVER.

My Mom is super jealous b/c she loves kitties and my mean sister Penny thinks they're for snacking so we can't have one. You're very lucky Sitka!

Lola the little White Boxer

Tadpole said...

Aren't sisters GREAT?! I love mine too, but she's kinda crabby most of the time, so I have to take advantage of her "kinder" moments when she lets me sleep next to her too! :-)

Sophie Brador said...

I love the bathtub photo!

Luna said...

I love all their pics!

●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ●๋: Luna ●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´ ●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋:

Poseidon said...

I want a sister! I promised Mama that I wouldn't eat her, but she doesn't believe me. Grumbled something about me puncturing a kitty's lung a while back.....hmph!

Marley said...

My mom got so jealous reading your blog! My sisters are weird - one of them lets me pounce whenever I wanna, but she won't cuddle with me...and the other just makes stupid hissing sounds whenever I try to say hi. Lucky you!!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Hi Sitka,
My mom wants to know if you have ever eaten any of Tia's litter. Wilbur has a litter box with a top and a kitty door for him and the other day, Mom caught me with my head in the kitty door, eating litter and the presents Wilbur leaves in the litter. She told me that it was gross and that she can't take her eyes off of me for a second. Anyway, have you ever done that? So far it hasn't made me sick, so I'm happy about that.

Steve

Thor said...

We have a big chair too! Mom calls it a couch or a sofa. I don't know why it has two names, but it's really comfy to lie on, and I can spread out if I want to, unless I'm sharing with my sisters. Then I curl up to make room. Of course, if Mom is on the sofa, I curl up in her lap. She keeps saying she can't breathe when I do that, but her lap is so comfy! We have a cat too, but he doesn't like any of us, not even the humans, so he'll never lie with any of us on the big chair!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Sitka,

Welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you, and I am sure you will make lots of new friends here :-)

Love
Opy

The Army of Four said...

Oh,wowzers. Now really want a cat friend. I love that orange cat who follows us on our walks. Mom should let me adopt him, don't you think? I'd share the tub with him like you and Tia! You two look so cute together!
Play bows,
Zim

Lisa said...

Those pictures are so sweet!

Ben_Benjamin said...

I like the bathtub pic.........its so nice.