Friday, May 18, 2007

Collar and Tags...

Woo everyone! Zim asked what kind of collar do we wear? Well, Zim, Tia and I would LOVE to let you and all of the other pups and Girl Girl know what kind of collars we wear.


First, we will start with Tia. Since she is the queen of the house, she asked that she be featured first. Tia has just a simple release collar in RED! That is her signature color.

Recently Mom added another jingle to her collar! I guess she really likes to hear her coming. I mean, she already has a RED heart tag and a bell. Why does she need more? Anyways, mom comes in and presents a new tag for Tia that says QUEEN! Take a closer look at it.

How cool huh? Well, don't worry Pups and Girl Girl, mom did not forget about ME! I actually have two kinds of collars. I have my normal one with all of my lovely tags to jingle around so mom hears me coming. I also have a Gentle Leader (more on that later). My collar is red (not only Tia's signature color, but mine too) with Georgia "G's" all around it. I am a HUGE University of Georgia fan (especially FOOTBALL).


So, let's zoom in a bit on those tags and talk about them. There is the one that says Princess! That is my new addition. Then I have a Military Dog Tag that mom got for me. It is engraved on both sides, cool huh? The next one is a Georgia Bulldog Tag. On the other side it has a contact # and ID # on it. If you call and enter the ID #, it pulls up ME! Last is my rabies tag. You can tell it is discolored. So, you may wonder how that happened? See, I have a problem, and it is called LICKING MY METAL TAGS! I lick them so much that I lick the writing right off of the tag!


Now, my other "collar" is my Gentle Leader. I call it my "nose". Mom is going to order me one of the ones like Zim wears. It is called Wolf Packs. They look really cool. Also, people would not mistake my "nose" for a muzzle. I kindly tell them that it is not a muzzle since my mouth is clearly opening and closing. So, last but not least... my Leash! Can you guess what kind and color it is? If you guessed UGA related and RED then you are correct!!!

Well Pups and Girl Girl, what kind of collars and leashes do you have? Girl Girl, I know you may not have one... do you want me to loan you one? ha rooo!!! You sweet Hamsterberian!

Toodles my great friends....

20 comments:

Boo said...

sitka, loving both yours and tia's collar. you are a big dog so no problem carrying so many tags. i currently have a name tag and a bell but my hooman complains sometime they can't hear me. hehehe. they didn't know i was moving really slowly so they couldn't tell where i am!

wet wet licks

Boo

Ruby Bleu said...

Sitka...you sure do have a lot of tags!!! I have lots too (name, rabies, license and homeagain microchip), but I only wear my name tag because those are way too many tags for little ol' me to be carting around!

As for collars...I've got a TON!!! Well, maybe 8 or so (is that a ton???) Mom likes to change them up, but my favorite is the very first one my Mom bought me...brown with little blue flowers.

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Suki said...

Hey Sitka,
I only have one collar, it's also RED with different colored bones on it. It doesn't have my rabies cuz mom didn't get me a license cuz we're moving and she didn't want to spend the $...hehehe...but it DOES have my "Small Dog, Big Heart" tag on it.
Since collars can really hurt a pug's trachea (and doG knows we have enuff breathing problems as it is) most people put harnesses on their pugs. I have 3! ;)

Puggy kisses
Suki

MaPaw said...

Hey Sitka, I have a red collar too. That is my signature color as well. Codey wears a royal blue collar purchased by his previous owners, and Dawkin has a purple collar handed down to him from the Ao4. We all use matching leather leads.
-Magnum

Oscar Airedale said...

NIce collars and tas you guys! I have an argyle pattern collar and justone bone shaped tag with mum's name and contact details.

I used to have a Halti a bit like your "nose". As you say,some stoopid people always think you're wearing a muzzle, grr!

Licks
Oscar x

Turbo the Sibe said...

UGA! UGA! UGA!

Guinness & Shiloh's Mommy said...

Hi, Sika! Shiloh here. I wear red too! We all wear Lupine collars at our house. Guinness has one that's pink wiff bubberflies, cuz everyone thinks she's a boy. GSD's do all have that look about them. Lots of folks think I'm a girl cuz of my blue eyes. I say they are all lookin in the wrong place! Guinness used to wear a Gentle Leader, but did not like it at all! She says it bothered her nose way too much and she fought and fought to get it off. People really looked at her funny when she wore it too. A GSD with something that looks like a muzzle - she'd never hurt a fly, but people can be weird like that.

Guinness & Shiloh's Mommy said...

Guinness says that Tia looks like the kitty that used to live at our house before any huskies came along. Her name was Scottie and she and mommy were together for 16 years! I remember Scottie, she used to swat at my tail and nose a lot and she thought she was queen of our house too. Mommy misses her "puddin" but does not miss her litter box. Why do puddins get to go in a box in the house and we can't? That's not fair.

The Daily Echo said...

Wow Sitka. I really love those fancy tags. Since my "Dude" tag isn't around anymore maybe Mom will get me a new one.
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

GREAT collars, Sitka!
Stormy really likes Tia in hers. She likes the Queen tag, too.
That UGA collar is pretty cool! Our Aunt Sniggy is from Georgia; we'll have to tell her about that so she can get some for her pups! COOL dog tag, too! Ha ROO!
Oh... the Gentle Leader. It looks great on you. Mom tried getting one for me when I was first adopted. I didn't know how to walk on a leash at all. I'd never been on a walk! Anyroo, she asked the Pet Shop Man if she could try one on me, to make sure it fit. He said, "Yes," and I proceeded to squirm out of it. Mr. Pet Shop Man then said he's good at fitting them, so he fitted it on me. I squirmed out of that even quicker. No offense, but I'd already practiced on the one Mom tried. Anyroo, this is why I wear a limited slip. It's almost like Mom doesn't trust me. ???
Play bows,
Zim

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka,
Your collar is lovely. You have lots of "flair". (Since I'm a movie watching dog, that's an Office Space reference.)

Steve

Tia,
I like your red collar. I wear an orange one that says "OSU" for my mom's college.
Wilbur

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Stika, you and Tia look so pretty in the red collars and the tags. I'm so envious, I wish i have a tag too


~ Girl girl

Ben_Benjamin said...

Oh Sitka & Tia, you gals look cool with those tag !!! I like it sooooooooooo much. Its way nicer than mine.

Tadpole said...

Wow... you guys have some great collars and bling there!

I only wear a collar when I'm on a leash - wearing one all the time would give me sores on my skin. But I have a burberry one for when I have to go outside to make pee pee.

Holly said...

Wow, what pretty collars! I will have to post ours too, and show off all our jinglies too.

Holly

Ferndoggle said...

Cool collars (and headgear!). Red is your color!

We're gonna tell you all about our collars real soon!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Sitka and Tia, Great Collars and lots of bling bling too! I wear a collar for my favorite Australian Rules Football team, the Carlton Blues! Go Blues! xxx Asta

Sophie Brador said...

Tia is so pretty, but I would still like to pick her up, just 'cause.

Sam Iam said...

I'm a true believer in pet ID tags!
way to go sitka.sniff-sniff

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Bogart said...

Wow, those are some NICE collars! My kitties don't wear any at all, and mom keeps changing mine.

I like yours better tho...

Love,
Bogart