Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ohhhh....COOKIES!!!

Hey everyone....

Do you remember a few weeks ago, my great friends Steve and Kat sent me some goodies in the mail??? Well, my mom emailed their mom to get the recipe! Mom has since then made me 4 batches of these yummy cookies. Just this weekend, she made another batch of them, and guess what I did? You guessed it! I supervised. The hardest part was waiting for them to cool on this cooling rack that mom put them on. I did not get any of that yummy icing that Steve and Kat's mom did for me. Hump! I need to work on getting that done. So, speaking of my cookies, are they ready yet?



Finally, they were cool enough for me to have one.... ok, so I maybe had 2 or 3.

Well... just as I started taste testing, in comes Tia. Mom put her on the counter. Why, I don't know. She never gets up there (to my knowledge). I guess she did it this time because I really wanted to play with her and mom did not want me to put her head in my mouth. This is not fair because I am not allowed on the counter. Tia gets everything. I guess being 14, she deserves that right???


Well believe it or not, Tia likes MY cookies! Mom told her that she could have some of her OWN cookies - not mine! Here she is enjoying some Tasty Temptations. I am not allowed to have any of them.

Did you see the "Tia treat" in her mouth in the above picture. It is funny. I had a good laugh when I saw that one.

Well friends, I think I am going to get back to watching American Idol. I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday night. I am still a bit sad about Fu Fu going to the Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs and kisses to you all....

UPDATE COOKIE RECIPE :)

Woo everyone, here is the recipe that mom got from Steve and Kat’s mom! P.S. If you don’t have any wheat germ, you can still make these cookies without it until you get some. The icing that you can do is made from white candy drops from Wilton. They don’t have chocolate and are safe for dogs. You may can find them at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. You melt them, and put in a piping bag to write names or decorate the cookies. BUT, you don’t have to do that to enjoy the COOKIES!!!

Basic Dog Cookie Recipe

2 eggs

¼ cup milk

2 cups whole wheat flour (mom used the unbleached)

3 tablespoons wheat germ

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Blend eggs in mixing bowl. Add wheat germ and milk. Stir until smooth. Add whole wheat flour and mix into egg mixture using your hands. Roll dough about ½" thick. Cut it into shapes. Place dough 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool biscuits on racks. Makes about 16 dog biscuits.

20 comments:

Suki said...

Tia looks so funny in that pic! Silly cats!

So who does your mommy think is going to win AI? I watched it with my mom, too, and she likes Melinda, but I could care less. I can howl better than they can, I think!

Puggy kisses
Suki

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Sitka!

Did you say kookies?? I LOVE all kinds of kookies! What a lucky pup you are to have your mum make you some!
AireKOOKIESRULE!
Liberty

Holly said...

Oohhhh, this reminds me! I need to post my home made treats to my blog too! Yours sure do look yummy. S & K's mom has an excellent recipe doesn't she?!!

I am very sad about fufu. He will be missed very much.

sad woo's

Holly

MaPaw said...

You should eat your cookies and Tia's cookies. That would be tasty.
-Magnum

maggie said...

KOOKIES !!!!!!!!!!! i love kookies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Sitka...
Wow...those cookies look really yummy. Can your Mom share the recipe? Lucky for me my Mom has been into making me treats lately...but you're right it's so hard to wait for them. Enjoy all your snackies!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Thor said...

Please send all cookie recipes to my mom at avalonsmommy@peoplepc.com, so she can make us some! Those look really tasty!!

Woos,
Thor

Oscar Airedale said...

That's a cute photo of Tia!

Your biscuits look great, well done mum! Did you eat them all yet?

Licks
Oscar x

Boo said...

sitka, tia is spoiled! you should share her spoil! sitka, u think tia be able to eat your cookies? coz i think our cookies are pretty hard rite?

oh btw, i don't think we should eat cat treats coz i heard they are made of different nutrients and might not be suitable for us. so no worry of not getting tia's treats.

wet wet licks

Boo

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hi Stika, those cookies look yummy and Tia seems like a nice cat. :) Thank you for thinking about Fufu. He'll be happy to know that he's so well loved


~ Girl girl

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, you're mom has been busy baking for you! You got some neat shapes for your cookies too. The other day, my mom found a bone shaped cookie cutter, but bigger than the ones she used to make your present. She said she will be able to decorate big cookies easier, but I say that I get to eat more cookie since they will be bigger!

Steve

The Daily Echo said...

HEY! You're lucky. Your Mom doesn't put you behind a stupid gate when your cookies are cooling. YUM! They look good.
ECHO

Ruby Bleu said...

Sitka...
Thanks to you and your Mom for posting the recipe. I can wait to make some...opps for my Mom to make some. I just supervise!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Ferndoggle said...

EveryMom is making cookies! Orson's Mom just made some. And my Mom just made some. Our's have LIVER in them & make the whole house smell deeeeelicious. Mom even opened all the windows so the whole neighborhood could be jealous!

Lola

Tadpole said...

Ha ha Tia! She's kinda cute in that picture (for a cat!). :-)

And I think it's only fair that YOU get the great big huge glorious homemade cookies, whereas she only gets the tiny little store-bought ones. Even if she is a geriatric....

maggie said...

oooooooooh !!!!!!! ill hafto let mom see this !!!!!!!! THANKS SITKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
iLoVe kooKIEzzzzzz !!!!!
haaaaarrooooooooo !!!!!!
aaaaaarrooooooooo !!!!!!

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Sitka!

Does your mum know what what my mum could substitute for the wheat germ? Just curious. My Auntie Magic (Scotty dog)LOVES kookies too, but has an allergy towards wheat and wheat products. My mum wants to send this receipt to her mum!
AireTHANKS!
Liberty

Ben_Benjamin said...

YUM~YUM~YUM~

I love cookies !!!! Can you send me some??? Mom dont know how to bake cookies...sigh*

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

Wow! look at all of those cookies! Asta

PiratesGrrl said...

OOOOH! Thank you for posting this!! Hopefully Mom will get off her tookus and make us some!

The Brat Pack