Friday, June 22, 2007

Fun in the sun...

So every pup and Girl Girl..

Oh, today has been fun! First, mom and I helped dad get ready for work. Then it happened... mom reached for my "nose" and leash! Oh, I knew I was getting in the car. So, in I go. I ask, "Mom, where are we going?" She said, "Oh Sitka, you are about out of your food, EVO and Tia needs some more of her dry food, Innova". So, on to the cool store with the food. Ok, guess what happened while we were there??? A BIRD (click on the link and scroll all the way down to the bird at the bottom of the page) talked to me. How cool is that pups and Girl Girl? He said, "Hey there beautiful." I started searching all over the place and could not find out where the voice was coming from. Mom lead me "close" to the bird (close meaning about 30 feet) and he turned his back on me. So, mom and I turned around to put our back to the bird and it talked to us again!!! Mom will have to take her camera next time so you can hear the bird!!

Ok, when we got back, it was FUN time. Oh, another fun play time in my POOL! Mom pulled my pool up on the deck for me and boy did I have some fun.



So what did you think of that? Oh, I love water. It is so much fun. I have to say though, why do some of our humans say stupid things when the video is recording? I mean, why the heck did my mom say, "You smell like wet dog." Well DUH! I am WET hence I should smell like I am wet. Sheesh!

Wow, I love playing in my pool. I even let mom get it in with me. She stood in it with me and kicked up the water. She even scooped it up and poured it on me. Wow, that felt great!!! Especially since it is like 95 degrees today!!!

Ok this video is kind of stupid. Mom was trying to get me to play some more in the pool but I was too tired. So, she did a short demonstration of what the view would be if you were me running in circles in the pool! Warning: You may get a big dizy! Oh, I almost forgot.. right at the end you will hear a dog barking. That is my neighbor, Rosco. He is a Rat Terrier and cute as a button! But not as cute as his sister, Maybell!

Ok.... after all of that playing.. I decided it was time to dry off and head inside for a well deserved nap!!!

I love love love spending time with my mom. Thank dog she gets time off in the summer so that we can do things like this together. So, who wants to come over and play in the water with me??

Hugs, Sitka

P.S. Tia was inside watching from the screened porch door. That was as close to the water that she said she was getting, ha roo!

22 comments:

Tadpole said...

Ooh, I want to come play!!! But I'm kinda afraid of water, so I might stand beside Tia....

Your mom is so funny! Running around in circles in the pool! I can see why you like spending so much time with her! ;-)

It's hilarious when you lay down in the pool, Sitka!!!

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Sitka...
I love the pix of you laying in the pool. That must have been so refreshing. Oh and your Mom is as silly as mine. If she only knew how much I was laughing at her!!!

I wish I lived closer because I'd be over hanging with you poolside EVERY day!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

PS - the comment about smelling like wet dog...well, hello??? what WAS she thinking?!?

The Army of Four said...

Hey, wow! I saw an Octopus in your pool - and buried treasure! Has Cap'n Maverick seen that!? Maybe we should sail over to your pool!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: My mom says we smell like wet sheeps when we're wet. Go figure.

Turbo the Sibe said...

Yeah, my 95% stupid Human occasionally says someting stupid in my videos. But I don't post those!

Ben_Benjamin said...

Sitka, you have a great day hah. First going to store, then chitchating with birdie & playing in the pool. Thats really fun !! I want a pool too !!! MOM, CAN YOU HEAR ME !!!

Guinness & Shiloh's Mommy said...

That was a really awesome day for you, Sitka! We went on a "toasted marshmellow" walk tonight. Daddy says that's what we three look like cuz we go from white to toasty to burnt brown as we walk. Yup, humans are pretty stupid sometimes. Daddy is still trying to get out of his dog house too.

Asta said...

Hi Sitka..well of course you smell like a wet dog..what are you supposed to smell like, a wet kangaroo???
You look sooo good in your pool, it might even make me like water..can you give me swimming lessons?
hope you keep having a gweat weekend
Smoochie kisses
Asta

Holly said...

Oh Sitka, you look like you are having such a wonderful time!! I was laughing at your cuz your circles were funny!! Great videos! And don't worry about your human, they ALL sound stupid when they talk to us. Not sure why that is......

Holly

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

Sitka, you are so brave. We will run if we saw a water pool like that.

Love
Boy n Baby

ToFFee said...

Wowf Sitka!

How come you didn't ask Tia to join as well?

I love watching you go round and round the pool1 really looks refreshing!

Wuffs!
Toffee

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrrr
Did you ever get the tresure at the bottom of your pool? Harrr Lisa the Mean needs to get me a new one the last one had a hole in the bottom. Harrrrr
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Oscar Airedale said...

I'll come to play Sitka! You look like you're having a blast!

Licks
Oscar x

Tasha & Eva said...

We'll come play in your pool anytime! Too bad you live so far away:-( You do laps in the pool just like Tasha, but faster! It was amazing that the bird at the store found you beautiful! Obviously a bird with very good taste! Belly rubs, Tasha & Eva.

Suki said...

Wow, you really do love the water, don't you Sitka? So do I! I like to "dig" in the water a lot and then I just sit there...hehehe!

Puggy kisses
Suki

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Sitka you had a great time! We were supposed to go swimming, but the rain really messed up our patio and my Dad had to get sand and fix the bricks. Hopefully, we get to play during the week. You look so tired out after all that playing. Too bad Tia didn't want to join in the fun.
MayaMarie

Lee :) said...

That looks like so much fun! I am not sure I'd put my whole body in it like you do, but it would be fun to share!

I jumped in the tub at the dog park today and then a labradoodle jumped in with me. We had a grand old time although it was tight.

Great pics and videos!

Putter said...

Sitka! Sitka!

WOW, coolest pool! Looks like such fun!

Yes, counter surfing is a particular specialty of mine!:)

Your Friend,

Putter ...:)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka,
Why, oh why, can't you live in Texas or we live in Georgia? We could come swimming every day and stay at your house while our mom and dad are at work since your mom sounds like lots of fun! Not fair.

Steve and Kat

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh Stika, your pool looks really fun. Will you have a pool pawty and invite us to play too

~ girl girl

JustMeCopper said...

Hi, my name is Copper. I don't think I have ever met you. I live in Augusta and I founn you through DWB's. I like yor pool.

Frasypoo said...

Hi guys,
Good way to cope with this Georgia heat!And its supposed to get worse!Its 91 degrees in Jonesboro,how bad is it in Macon ?
Frasier

Ferndoggle said...

Well you were certainly having a great time in the pool! I had one & Mom threw it away because twe wouldn't play in it!!

I think she should get it back!

Lola