Sunday, June 10, 2007

Goody... A new Stuffie (that I can't have)

Well friends.... There was a Siberian Rescue that was having an auction and mom won one of the items!! The rescue is SOS-SRF (Save Our Siberians - Siberspace Rescue Fund). It is "an organization which raises and disburses funds to assist Siberian Husky rescue groups and individuals with non-routine expenses incurred for rescue dogs". (Taken from their website).

Ok, so would you like to know what I won... er, I mean, what WE won?

Oh, isn't it adorable? So are you ready to learn more about it? It is very special for alot of reasons!!!

So, twice a year (I think) SOS-SRF has an auction and they get all kind of cool people to donate awesome items. There were ALOT of things that mom wanted, but I told her we could not get everything because we needed to give other people a chance to get something special. Oh, Holly got something COOL! Wait until she tells you about it! Ok, so back to this stuffie. Here was the description of it: This soft and cuddly reclining Siberian Husky wears one of Karen Ramstead's 2006 Iditarod bandanas. The Douglas Cuddle Toy is about 12" long and the red maple leaf bandanna is 7" x 14". Cheryl received it for sponsoring one of Karen's dogs and is donating it to our auction. So wanna know who Karen Ramstead is? She is a great Iditarod racer who races an ALL SIBERIAN HUSKY TEAM! She has successfully completed THREE Iditarods. Please stop by her website - North Wapiti Siberian Husky Kennels.

Here is Tia and myself modeling the bandanna that is on the Siberian stuffie. Mom said this was the ONLY time we could wear it because the stuffie had to wear it. Humm... I don't really understand why???


So, I asked mom why I could not wear it always. She explained to me that it contained another surprise that was not mentioned in the description for the auction. It is autographed by Karen!!! I exclaimed, "That is awesome!!!" So, I now understand why I can't wear it and get it all dirty. Check it out!

So, pretty cool auction item, huh? Well, I am still plotting to swipe it and play with it, but I am caught in the act every stinkin' time. SUPER Hugs to all of my great friends!!!!

19 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Sitka...that is pawsome! Mom and me have watched those races on TV...they are pretty cool!

Congrats on the win!!! Lots of Licks, Ruby

The Daily Echo said...

Two paws up to your Mom for supporting such a great cause! I love your new stuffy and the pawtograph is very cool!
ECHO

Boo said...

hey sitka, that's one pretty husky. are you gonna name it??

wet wet licks

Boo

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Ohh Boo.. that is an excellent question. Perhaps all of my friends could offer some name suggestions?

Ruby, yes, those races are cool! We have watched them on TV too!

Echo, oh yes, anything we can do to support rescues, we will do!!!

hugs,
Sitka

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, I can't believe you don't get to play with it! I guess it wouldn't look nearly as pretty once you got slobber on it.

Kat

Macie-Malechai said...

That is sooooooo cool! We would leave the bandana alone but would be forced to shred the stuffie, we just can't help it, anything soft & fluffy gets shredded. That's still a very cool deal though, way to go!
Face Licks, M&M

Oscar Airedale said...

Oooh I will have to read up on iditarod racing!

Licks
Oscar x

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Mates,

I hope you get your own pwetty bandanas,

xxx Asta down under

Guinness & Shiloh's Mommy said...

You both look spiffy in that cool bandana, but it covers up your lovely fur, so let the stuffy have and and go au-natural like the rest of us. Besides, you might end up in a sweater - and we wouldn't want that ;)

Tasha & Eva said...

That's a really cool bandana and both of you look very nice modeling it. Congrats on winning the auction! We love the new Haik-woo also!! Try our Few Words post again. Sometimes if we post from mom's laptop, things don't work right. Sorry! Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

IndyPindy said...

Wow, that is cool! Hey, I can't believe that tiny little bandana from the stuffie fit around your neck! You must be very dainty!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh Stika, that is such a great prize to win. It must be great to wear the bandana even for just a little while. :)

~ girl girl

Marvin The Dog said...

Hi there Sitka and Tia!

Pleased to meet you, thank you for the comments you have been leaving on my Blog.

Your blog is pretty cool! I love the special stuffie!

love and many Scottish Licks,
from Marvin Braveheart Hound xxxxxx

Ben_Benjamin said...

Sitka, thats a nice stuffie...too bad you cannot have it and that bandana do look great. but I think its kinda small for you.

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

Hi Sitka n Tia

Remember us, Boy n Baby. Think your mom emailed our Mama and that is how we found your blog. We have linked you in our blog and we hope to know more about you and read more about Tia and your adventure.

Love
Boy n Baby

Suki said...

What a cool toy, Sitka! Totally pawsome :)

Those races are the best. Can you picture a sled being pulled by a team of pugs?! LOL!

Puggy kisses
Suki

P.S. Mom FINALLY bought something for you today. I'll make sure she mails it out this week ;)

Holly said...

Way cool stuffie!!! I'm glad you won the stuffie! I will post my photo of MY winnings soon! I won a North Wapiti coffee cup once and it also has Karen's signature on it! Dad couldn't figure out why he didn't get to drink any coffee out of it, and mom put it up on a shelf.

Holly

Tadpole said...

Oh, keep trying Sitka! I've found that perseverence pays off! It sure looks good on you!

The Army of Four said...

TOTALLY cool, Sitka! I thought you had Tia in your mouth at first though! Whew!
Tail wags,
Storms