Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Oh the embarrassment...

Woo every pup and Girl Girl too!

Mom and I were thumbing through old pictures of me in hopes of doing a comparison of how my mask has changed in the past 3 years. Instead, we stopped on some shameful photos. I told mom to stop looking for whatever she was looking for. I had found what I wanted to post.

Now, I love my mom and she always does the best things for me, but this time.... well, she went over the edge. Last September, she ordered me a UGA bandanna and Tia a UGA sweater. She measured just like the instructions told her to do, and when the sweater came, it was way to large for Tia. So, she thought it would be funny to see what I would look like in clothes.

First off, I am a SIBERIAN! I have TWO coats of fur. I don't need a stinkin' sweater ... especially in GEORGIA! Anyways, I hung my head and let her do it. To humiliate me more, she took photographs. Here is the first one of me. Notice how my head is turned. I could not even bring myself to look at her.
To make matters worse, she asked me to get on the sofa so she could take another photograph. I ask you, "Do I look like a happy camper????"

So, after all of this humiliation, she did give me a cookie, but not before she took off that darn sweater!!!

So, what the heck was she thinking? I think this is a form of abuse! I mean, she did give me a cookie, but she embarrassed me in the process! Needless to say, I never let her do this to me again. I actually used to carry this sweater around the house. Last mom saw of it was a few months ago. She will never know what I did with it!!!

14 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Yeah, I'm not a clothes fan either Sitka. Au natural is what I say...except in winter when I need my little coat cause I do get cold.

Lots of Licks, Ruby

PS - What was your Mom thinking anyway...Tia doesn't need a sweater either!

Guinness & Shiloh's Mommy said...

Sitka, talk mom into sending that sweater to poor Maximus at mapaw who bounced back and had gotten shaved! It's so sad! His pretty silver fur is gone! Woo, woo, wooooooo......

Mommies are silly people, but we can tell she loves you lots. I bet some silly relative of hers has gotten her some pretty bad presents before too

Boo said...

but sitka, you look pretty pretty with the sweater! hehehe. ok ok, i'll stop the compliment since you hated it.

wet wet licks

Boo

Holly said...

How humiliating! Why on earth do humans do such stupid things!?!?

No northern breed dog should ever have to endure the humiliation of CLOTHING!

I hope you shreded it.

Holly

Oscar Airedale said...

You actually do look like your smiling on the sofa photo! What's that? It was a grimace? Ah, OK!

Licks
Oscar x

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Stika, I hope that cookie was yummy for wearing that sweater..
Does Tia wear too?

~ girl girl

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka,
Your post gave me an idea for a post from me. I think I've been embarrassed more.

Wilbur

The Army of Four said...

Oh, roo. Sitka, even though you still look simply stunning (especially where you're getting a cookie) I've gotta wonder what your mama was THINKING!?! You are PERFECT without the sweater! Perfect! No accessories needed! (Other than your cool collar and tags and the occassional bandana!)
In keeping with the school spirit, since it's a UGA sweater, the four of us would like to offer this cheer: Rip it up! Rip it up! Rah, rah, rah! Rip it up! Rip it up! Ha ha ha!
I hope you enjoyed that!
Play bows,
Zim

Turbo the Sibe said...

I'm afraid that my Human will like these photos too much!

Ferndoggle said...

Um, we have to agree. A sweater on a Sibe? In Georgia??? Yep, your Mom was a little off her rocker that day!

The pictures sure are cute though!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

PiratesGrrl said...

I so totally feel your pain it's not even funny.

Thrawn

Macie-Malechai said...

Poor Sitka! Has your human not noticed all the fur you already have (2 coats at that) why she would ever put a sweater on you is beyond us! We think that deserves the claw for sure & another one for posting the pictures of it.
Face Licks, M&M

Ben_Benjamin said...

You look kinda cute Sitka....but still I think we dog look better in naked. wahahaaha

Poseidon said...

You look gorgeous even with the sweater. At least it fits you! Mama put one of her sweatshirts on me, and let's just say that Mama's not the smallest human woman on the planet. I was drowning in the stupid shirt. Then she posted pics on my blog when I wasn't looking (why do they all do that??).