Saturday, July 21, 2007

5 Favorite Books

Miss Ruby tagged me and wanted me to tell her and all of my Pup friends, Girl Girl too, what my favorite books are. So without further ado, here are my favorite books (well with some assistance from Tia and mom).

1. It's a Sibe Thing... You Wouldn't Understand - This book was written by Raven Delaval. She wrote on the back cover, "Herein you will find tales of the strange but true adventures of life with Siberian Huskies." Proceeds from the sale of this book go to help Siberian Husky Rescue. For more info, see her website - Husky Hovac. Let me also said that there is a story in there from the AO4's mom and a photo of Stormy herself!!! :) I really enjoy reading it. Take a look.
2. Legal Books - Tia would like to say that she LOVES reading anything legal related. Oh, so she really doesn't read books, she likes to LAY on them while the humans are attempting to read them.
3. Grizz's Story, A Greater Courage - A Dog's Journey - This book is by Jo Helms and is told from Grizz's perspective. He was a beautiful Siberian and this story is a true story about his brave battle with cancer. This book is not only about Grizz's battle, but of his companionship with his brother GSD Sarge and his humans. The proceeds from this book go directly to help fund the research and development of cancer treatments for companion animals - all in Grizz's memory. If you are interested in finding out how to get a copy of this book, please contact my mom at macondawgswife(at symbol)yahoo(dot)com. It truly is a touching story that mom and I both enjoyed and cried over.

4. The Twelve Dogs of Christmas - Oh this is a FUN FUN FUN book. It features many breeds of dogs (I wish it featured all of them - but there are only twelve days. You know, they should have published several editions to get all of the breeds, ha rooo.) I believe the line in there about Siberians is - 7 Huskies Howling, haroooo!


5. Shopaholic Series - Oh this book is all moms!!! See, there is this series about a girl who is from England and she moves to the states, spends obscene amounts of money, only to have it come back and bite her in the hiney! This is the latest book that mom has not purchased yet. Perhaps I will run to Barnes and Noble and get it for her, ha roo!


Well friends.. that is it. So, now I would like to tag the following 5 furry friends - The Great AO4, the Beautiful Holly, the fun and adventurous Steve, Kat and Wilber, the fun-loving Tasha & Eva, and my Captain Maverick.
What books do you like to read (humans included)???

Hugs and toodles - Sitka

23 comments:

Maggie said...

What great choices! That last book - Shopaholic - has mom really thinking................

Love ya lots,
Maggie

The Husky in the Window said...

Wow, all of you read some really good books. Mom was glad to see that there's someone else out there that reads stories about huskies and malamutes too. She wants to know about the book about Grizz, so she'll be emailing your mom.

I don't got in the big pool. I'm scared b/c it's too deep (5 feet), I have my blue plastic pool. But Missy likes to go in when mom and dad go in. Mom has been doing water therapy for Missy's arthritus and it has really helped a lot.
MayaMarie

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

We haven't read any of your choices 1-4, but my mom also likes the Shopaholic series, but hasn't read the baby one either. We think all of your choices sound good, except maybe Tia's choice of legal books. That sounds like it might put us to sleep. However, that might not be a bad thing.

Steve and Kat

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

Good thing you didn't tag us. Our mom is a children's librarian, she'd never stop at 5 books! she's been muttering about this Harry Potter book until she finally said today, "It's over! The craziness is over!"

Holly said...

Thanks for tagging me!!! I can already tell you, we have a few of those favorite books in common!!! But they are GREAT books, so it's no wonder why.

Holly

Lee :) said...

My Mom has read one of the books from the Shopaholics. It was good! We'll have to check out the 12 days of Christmas. Our little niece (and the rest of us) will definitely enjoy that!

Oscar Airedale said...

My mum likes those shopaholic books too. She just read one by the same author but not in that series called "can you keep a secret". Did your mum read that one yet?

Licks
Oscar x

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Sitka...
Tia likes legal books...that's interesting. Has she ever thought of going to work with your Dad? LOL...

Those were some great selections!!! Lots of Licks, Ruby

ToFFee said...

hey Sitka!

got some good reads over there!

I like that 12 dogs of xmas? but I don't see me in the photo.. huhuhu!

Wuffs!
Toffee

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Ah... Eil loves the Shopaholic Series too.. Good choices of books and you look so cute reading the book Stika. I love how Tia lies on the book too. :)


~ girl girl

Sasha said...

Yum! They all look like they would taste good.

-- The Mullin Clan's Mommy -- said...

Mommy said that those books look interesting. She reads books that Juneau & I are too young to hear about & others would scare us. She calls them "take me away" books - romance (yuck!) & science fiction kind of stuff (scarey!). Need to put some on her shopping list that we can read wif her.
-Cosmos-

The Army of Four said...

Very cool list, Sitka! We're going to post ours Monday - thanks for the tag!
Hey ... that "It's a Sibe Thing" book not only has a story about me, it's got at least one picture of Dave and Zim doing zoomies! Ha roooooo!
Tail wags,
Stormy

Suki said...

My little girl has "The 12 Dogs of Xmas" movie - it's great! I bet the book was better, though ;)

Puggy kisses
Suki

The Husky in the Window said...

Sitka, your Mom has to read Taz. You will enjoy it too! Even Tia will laugh at some of the things that Taz does.
Mom does not know about Sibernet? What is it?
Have Happy Dreams.
MayaMarie

IndyPindy said...

I have been tagged for this too, I will have to think about it. Glad you liked our singing!

Asta said...

Hi beautiful Sitka,
Terrific book choices..this way I can read and learn more about huskies..and even help with donations, what a clever pup you awe..I love the pictuwes of both of you , although I don't think Tia is weally weading,heheh just absowbing, like me with sleeping near and eating books..that glow in the dawk toy sounds fun..sleep tight
smoochie kisses
Asta

Ben_Benjamin said...

Oh mom like Sophia kinsella books too and she going to get the shopaholic series. But I prefer doggy book...

Tadpole said...

Sitka, those are great choices! And I love that many of them assist rescues and other doggin-helpers!

PS - you look so cute reading the books! :-)

Ferndoggle said...

Our Mom likes those Shopaholic books too! She only shops for us so we think that's A-OK!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Marvin The Dog said...

well, actually I cannot read, although I can type and make all sorts of posts on my blog, so I guess I am very clever in a bizarre sort of way.

Your book choices, look fun, if I could read 'em!

I like the pictures!

Marvin xxxxx

The Daily Echo said...

You and your Mom are great picker-outers Sitka! We'll have to remember some of those titles. Whew...we've got some catchin up to do! Mom's computer just got fixed and we can read everyone's blogs again without Mom saying nasty words.
ECHO

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Sitka, the potato bowls were yummy and tonight she let us have green beans, from the broiler with toasted parmesean cheese. Yum!

The fur thing is something they need to get over. After all, it is beautiful fluff. The seats of our CRV are black fabric, so it really sticks to it. I've actually seen her from the window using tape to get it out of the seats. Maybe she should try the sheet thing.
Husky Hugs Tonight. MayaMarie