Thursday, July 5, 2007

Celebrating the 4th

Well Gang.. Yesterday was the 4th! Oh, I had a great day. First, I helped Dad finish sweeping downstairs. I don't think I have told all of you, but I really don't like when the broom comes out. I guess I don't want it to take my fur. So, I hope you enjoy this little video. It took me about 40 seconds to start really getting upset at the broom. So, stick with it!



So, next my granna, granddadders, and great granna came over. I helped Dad grill hotdogs and hamburgers (and yes, I tasted several). I ran and ran and ran in my backyard until mom caught me in a mid-run with this face...

Yes, I am well aware that it is not in focus. That is due to the fact that I was running so fast that mom could not snap the camera quick enough. Anyroo, I thought it was a funny photo, so I wanted to post it on my blog, ha roo!

So, later on sometime around 8:30 p.m., it happened. The fireworks! They went off until at least 11 p.m. I did what I typically do and ran straight upstairs bypassing the tub to go under the bed. Mom and Dad finished cleaning up the kitchen and soon followed me up. Mom said, "Hey Sitka, do you want to try to put on a t-shirt and see if it makes you calmer? So many of your friends do this and say it helps them feel better." Umm, No, but did the mom listen to me? So, here I am ... completely helpless. I would not even move. I just stood there and looked up at mom with that "Why are you doing this to me" face. So, she gathered the "extra" part of the shirt hanging from my belly and helped me up on the bed. Here I am.

I think the shirt upset me more than the fireworks. But, I managed to forget about the fireworks for the 10 minutes that Mom and Dad took photos of me. I hung my head and mom came over and took it off. FREE and under the bed I went. Whew. I hope she does not do this again. I really did not care for it.

I hope those of you who celebrated Independence Day yesterday had a good one. And those of you who were tormented with fireworks survived it just fine. Until tomorrow, hugs from Sitka :)

19 comments:

Asta said...

Hello Sitka,
Firstest, the evil bwoom, then the fiwewowks, I'm just glad you suwvived the twauma...hope you got some yummys to help celebwate and make up for it...thank you for noticing the pupsport..I think we should all have one..I just got back fwom New Hamster, I'll show you some pix later
smoochie kisses to you and to Tia too
Asta

The Husky in the Window said...

Hey Sitka, I do the same thing to mom when she gets the swifter out to clean the kitchen floor. Mom loves the sound of those toes on the floor. You should have seen her smiling.
As for the shirt thing. How could she? But she was trying to help. I advised Turbo that he has to help us and do something about the fireworks when he runs for office. I hope he can help us.
Hope you got to nap today and catch up on your rest.
MayaMarie.
Oh, my gentle leader is blue, and she tells me I look like a cute pony. I think not. I'll get her to take a pictue of that torture device.

Boo said...

sitka,

most of us afraid of vacuum coz of the noise. and you are afraid of the broom... spill it, what's your reason??

fyi, i don't think i have seen a broom before coz my mom and grandma uses vacuum.

wet wet licks

Boo

Bala Thiagarajan said...

Hi Sitka, We are friends of Opie and Gomer! Just wanted to say Hi - glad you got out of the t-short. We tried socks on Amy once and she refused to move with them on :) btw, she is also scared of vacuums - especially yellow ones - thats how we discovered that she can bark!

Cheers
Bala & Shankar

Suki said...

You look so cute in that shirt, Sitka! Sorry about the fireworks...it seems everydoggy hates them.

Puggy kisses
Suki

Oscar Airedale said...

The twin of your scawie broom lives at my house, grr. I like akll the little Sitka hoar balls floatnig under the table! That's why mum is glad I don't shed (though Flakes makes enough for both of us).

Licks
Oscar x

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh that broom looks evil... Glad you got some yummy hotdogs

~ girl girl

Maggie said...

How come the hoomans get such enjoyment out of tormenting us with brooms and mops and vacuums?
Bummer about the shirt not helping to calm you! I guess it just made you hot, huh!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Tadpole said...

We had a machine that collects all my sister's hair too, and we yell and yell at it!

I love the picture of you running! Great action shot of the tongue! :-)

Marvin The Dog said...

I don't mind the evil Dyson, but I hate and detest the bloomin' broom, Jeannie says I go hysterical, "as if!"

love and licks, by the way we have the very same style broom, evil darn thing.

love and licks, Marv xxxxxx

Sasha said...

OH, no, what an awful day!
Broom AND tshirt! What abuse!

Frasypoo said...

That was so funny Sitka!!
Tell your mum to tie a knot like the teenagers do around your hips!!It gets snug!I am so sorry about this but it is funny!!!Especially your expression!!
frasier

coco said...

holy dog-crap, sitka. no wonder you freaked. pawbviously that broom action was a sign of things to come later that day (i.e. "fireworks" - which, as we know, is just COVER for the sounds of attack from enemy combatants firing on your den!!). Your dad did not know how to respond to the warnings of the ARMY OF 4 - and blithely fell right into the trap! i'm so relieved to see that you were somehow able to survive it all, and post this report that things are still secure at your home.

keep up the good work! coco

Holly said...

Sitka, you were very brave to attack the broom! I could see the fur it was trying to steal!

You look quite funny in your shirt! Samuel and I got some Rescue Remedy and a Melatonin each. It really helped. I snoozed in the basement all night, and Samuel shut himself him the bathroom (he shut the door himself) and hid in the bathtub. None of the others are afraid, so they were all ok. Glad it is all over now though!

Holly

The Army of Four said...

Hey Sitka:
I could come over and kill that broom for you! I've slayed evil vacuums before: a broom should be easy!
You look adorable play-bowing at it!
Did you take Tap from your mom? It sounds like you're tap dancing!
Play bows,
Zim

BLU and Comet said...

What a day! Attack of the killer broom, followed by booming firecrackers, and then the humiliation of wearing a tshirt that is too big! I'm glad not all days are like that!

My girl laughed during your broom video. She thought we had the only house with furry tumbleweeds attached to all the chair legs. She was happy to see them in your house too. But, she thinks your dad needs to spend less time scaring you and more time sweeping!
Comet

Lisa said...

Sitka, you look cute in your t-shirt, but gosh, with all that fur, do you really need anything more to keep you warm? Hehehe! We have nominated you and Tia as Rockin' Girl Bloggers. You can find the badge on our blog. Purrs & Kisses!

Scully, Sammy and Maggie
(and our meowmie, Lisa)

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh my poor Sitka...if the fireworks weren't bad enough the t-shirt. Hoomans are so silly. At least you got to have some BBQ. Oh and the broom...they were just playing with you...I no real sweeping going on, did you?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

IndyPindy said...

I like the cute little barks you make at the broom! I LOVE the pic of you with your tonge out! Sorry you needed a t shirt!