Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fun with mom

Woo pups and Girl Girl.. Well, last Thursday and Friday were super fun!!! Please allow me to share some of what mom and I did. I don't have a bazillion photos, but I do have some. Mom forgot her camera. Sigh.

Ok, last Thursday, we set off to a place called Hampton, GA. First off, Little Huskies Kennel is there. That is where mom and dad got me. Mom and I resisted the urge to go there to see if we could bring home anything. Instead, we went to this cool store called The Dog Spa. It was cool. They have these stations where you can use their facility to give your dog a bath. Well, that didn't happen, but I did get some yummy Canidae Lamb and Rice food, a few stuffies, and some Canidae Snap-biscuits.

On the way home, we stopped at SONIC. Well, it was lunch-time, mom wanted a snack and I needed Ice Cream. Here I am waiting patiently for my Ice Cream.


Here I am enjoying my Ice Cream...


So let me tell you about the harness and strap that is on and attached to me in the above photo. This is a new seat belt system that my mom bought for me. It is really cool and safe! It is the Champion Canine Seat Belt System.

On Friday, mom and I went to Petsmart to get me a new rake. Sigh, I hate grooming tools. They are vicious and just not nice. Remember my first Haik-woo about being brushed? Well, I still think the brush is EVIL! So, while we were there we found some other stuff that we needed.... Let's check out the photos once we got home.


Honestly, is this necessary? I have fur for a reason. I don't know why you (mom) like to brush it out all the time. Let's see what else was purchased....

Oh, can you tell what that is? Tia is checking out her Glucosamine and Condroitin powder to put on her canned food every morning and evening. After all, she is 14. So, she needs a little extra something. Plus, mom has noticed her limping a bit when she walks after a long nap. So, she thinks Tia is getting some arthritis. Moving on....


First, next to my left paw, you will notice a PORK EAR. Wow, these are so good. Mom bought me some more at Pestmart. Beside them, she found the CURLY BULLY STICK THINGY! Tasha and Eva have these. It is so yummy! I am glad that I learned about them from T & E and that the mom bought me some.

So, that is about all that has been going on. If you are up... stop by Meeshka's Blog, Steve, Kat and Wilber's Blog, and Tucker's Blog. Blogathon 2007 has been going on for 12 hours now... so 12 hours to go. We can make it!

Hugs, Sitka

18 comments:

The Husky in the Window said...

Hey Sitka. You had a good day! Wow! I like your seat belt harness. Mom said she is gonna have to get me one for when we go visit our grandparents in the fall. Thanks for including the link. You got Sonic. What flavor?
Did Tia like her new arthritis medicine. Missy takes a glucosamine pill every morning (for the past 2 years) and mom says it has helped her. It smells fishy when you open it. Does Tia's? She probably likes it then, huh?
Have a good night.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Sitka...what a nice time with your Mom. And shopping at PetsMart is one of my most favorite things to do. Woo!

Tell your Mom that my Mom will get the name of the sushi and let her know, ok?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Tasha & Eva said...

Hey Sitka,
Did you have any problems with Champion? We ordered 2(and paid for 2)but only received one harness. Momma left 4 or 5 voicemails and sent several emails and did not receive any response. Then Momma's brother died and since she is the only one left in the litter now, she had to spend her time on other things.

She's thinking about trying to contact them again 'cuz the one we did receive is really good quality.

Tasha takes Glucosamine too but she uses a liquid called Syn-Flex. It seems to help her more than the pills.

Sorry for the long comment but it really ticked her off.

T&E

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Tasha and Eva - We heard from alot of people that it took anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months to get their harness. Also, we heard that their customer service is not stellar at all! However, mom lucked up and ordered on 7/8 and received on 7/23. What luck huh? I am sure your mom is not happy! One person mom talked to who waited 6 months found out that her order was "lost". It is such a bummer that they just don't communicate with their customers because their product is sooo good. Mom says that she would keep bugging them! Sorry you are having such a hard time.
Hugs,
Sitka

The Brat Pack said...

Hey guys

Man, your ice cream looks good. We're holding out hope for some Sonic tomorrow. I think Mom snuck and went alone today, I could smell a corn dog on her when she got home. Traitor.

Poor Tia, I know how it feels to be creaky. No fun. Hope she starts to feel better soon.

Thrawn

PS Can I have your address? I promise I'm not a psycho Husky.

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Hi Sitka! We love your entry in Nanook's contest! Hope you enjoy that curly bully stick!

Holly said...

I have been reading and reading like crazy trying to keep up! Mom and dad left for several hours to run errands and eat dinner, and shut down my computer! So, when they got home I had to read frantically to catch up!

Mom and dad did get us some of those great pig ears like what you sent. She thought it would be nice if we could all share then since Sam is so allergic to everything, but can have pork! We all really liked them! That bully stick looks good, wish we could have them! We did get them once, but they didn't last too long. Mom was pretty bummed cuz they are suppose to last a really long time, but it only took me about 1 minute to eat mine. Good Malamute teeth!!

Holly

The Brat Pack said...

WOOO!!! Congrats on winning on Meeshka's AGAIN! You guys rock!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I have so many things to say! First those curly bully stick thingies are great.

Next, my mom wants to get us those seatbelts too.

Also, we went to sonic last week and got ice cream for the first time. It was so great. We had to share one though.

Finally, we haven't tried the snap biscuits. We're almost out of dog food so maybe we can get some!

Kat

Maddie & Frankie said...

Woo Woooo Sitka,
Frankie Girl here. You look adorable on your fun day out with your mom. We don't have any Sonics here in Southern Californa, and that Ice Cream looks so good!
So, I am gonna go give Mom some Sad eyezzz treatment and hope for one of those great looking Curley Bully Stick thingys today!

XOXOXO,
Frankie Girl

The Army of Four said...

SON-IC! SON-IC! SON-IC!
Great post, Sitka! Looks like you had a great day --- sorry about the rake, though. We feel your pain.
Play bows,
Zim

MaPaw said...

It is a good thing you got only a brush after that close call with the bath. I wish we had a Sonic around here.
-Magnum

The Daily Echo said...

Sitka, you had a great grrrls day with Mom. Shopping is a good thing! You were lucky you didn't have to get a bath. We're still hoping for a Sonic here in PA. There's none for miles and miles.
ECHO

IndyPindy said...

Ooooh, all of those treats sound delicious! I love those curly bully stick thingies!

You are so lucky that you get ice cream!

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

No Sonic but we have Rita's & their custard WWWOOO!!! Yea. mom rakes us too. It's so embarrassing. Guinness takes Restor-a-flex and has for years cuz GSD's are so know to have problems. Our General had HD, so mom isn't takin any chances. Misty takes some too. Shiloh is so bendy that Mom's not that worried.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That ice cream look really yummy. That's a pretty fun thurs & friday you had with Tia. :)

~ girl girl

Frasypoo said...

Hi Sitka,
You came by pretty close to me.
I wish I could get some ice cream!
Frasier

Sasha said...

Wow, ice cream AND bully sticks!