Sunday, July 1, 2007

A little about mom....

Woo everyone. My good friend Ivy tagged me to tell you a bit about my mom and dad. I thought I would take the Q & A approach that so many of you are taking. So, let's get started.


Sitka (S1)- Thank you for agreeing to this interview.
Shelli (S2)- You are welcome.
S1 - Can you please state your name for the record?
S2 - Oh silly, you know my name. Besides, this is not a deposition.
S1 - Yes, but I need you to formally say it on the record.
S2 - Ok Sitka. My name is Shelli.

S1 - Ok, Let's get to business. Why won't you let me run off leash?
S2 - Because Siberians can not be trusted off leash.
S1 - Why?
S2 - Well remember the one time you escaped and it took me over 30 minutes to surround you with our neighbors to catch you?
S1 - Oh yeah, I remember.
S2 - That would be why. I know you love me, but you are stubborn and sometimes don't come when I call you.

S1 - So, can you tell everyone why you fenced in my yard?
S2 - Well there are several reasons behind that.
S1 - Can you elaborate?
S2 - Well, to give you a place to run around like a crazy animal instead of doing it in the house all the time.
S1 - What else?
S2 - Well, you remember the time you pulled me from the deck?
S1 - I did no such thing.
S2 - Umm... Lets refresh your memory. It was a cold Monday in November 2004. The temp went below freezing and a nice little ice patch formed on the deck that leads to the back yard down 5 steps. You were on your leash since the fence man was not coming until Thursday. We got to the top step, I went to take a step and you bolted. All of a sudden, I missed all steps and ended up on the ground - splat face down.
S1 - Oh my goodness! I did that? What happened next?
S2 - Well, Apparently while I was flying through the air, I let go of your leash (remember there is no fence). Once I hit, I immediately looked up to see you running back to me smelling me all over. I grabbed your leash and we went back inside. I called my mom, got some ice and went to the bathroom to take a look. Then called 911 since your daddy was in court and I had no way to reach him.
S1 - oh dear me... Didn't you call Aunt Jenny to go meet you? What happened next?
S2 - Well, The nice ambulance men came to the house and took me to the ER. You could not come.... something about fur not being sterile.
S1 -Well, what did the doctors say?
S2 - After seeing a stupid ER doc who said nothing was wrong from the X-rays and sent me home with medicine I told him I could not take.... I called my ENT doctor who fixed my nose when I broke it when I was 7 years old. I told him I could not breathe. Once he saw me, he said my septum was fractured.
S1 - Septum huh? How did he fix it.
S2 - Well, he let it try to heal on it's own and gave me some medicine. It didn't, so he had to do surgery because the septum did not heal straight. It buckled over to the left blocking my nasal passage. It took two surgeries to get it back to normal.
S1 - Did you ever blame me for what happened?
S2 - Silly Sitka... No, I never did. You stayed right beside me and have never pulled me since. You learned from your lesson.

S1 - So how is your nose today?
S2 - Much better after the $10,000 in doctors and surgery bills.
S1 - Oh, you did not have to take money out of my college fund to pay for that did you?
S2 - Umm.. Sitka, I don't think Siberians go to college. Besides, insurance paid for it.

S1 - So what do you do?
S2 - Well I used to work like like crazy doing events and fundraising for a University.
S1 - Did you meet anyone cool?
S2 - Yes, I met Senator Bob Dole, Former CIA Director George Tenat, Nancy Grace to name a few.
S1 - Cool. So what do you do now?
S2 - Well, I teach dance - Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Pointe, which I have done for 10 years now. And I also work as the Office Manager for a non-profit organization.
S1 - That is cool. What about Dad? How does he bring home the bacon?
S2 - Your dad is an attorney.
S1 - Will he represent me if I get into any trouble?
S2 - Trouble? What trouble? Did you do something I don't know about?

S1 - Umm... No, I did not cause any trouble. So, tell me, how did you go about deciding that you wanted.. no make that needed a Siberian?
S2 - I grew up with three Siberians. Tosha, a grey and white; Phange, a black and white; and Honey, a red and white. Tosha was their mommy.
S1 - Oh cool! So, did they let you do anything cool to them?
S2 - Well, I was only like 4 or 5 at the time. But my best memory is making Honey a cake in my Easy Bake Oven and putting a Birthday Hat on her.
S1 - How come you never put a hat on me?
S2 - Because you won't let me and you would eat it!!!
S1 - Oh. So, how did you get me?
S2 - Your dad and I went to a Breeder and looked at the 3 puppies they had. You were the only one that came to us when we got down on the ground to play with you all. So, you picked us out, not the other way around.
S1 - How did I get my name?
S2 - We heard that Sitka was a beautiful city in Alaska, so that is why we named you Sitka, because you were/are so beautiful. So, when will this interview be over? It is pretty long. Am I getting paid for this?
S1 - Oh, Ok. I guess you have something better to do than hang with your daughter? And no, I don't have any money because I don't have a job. Remember you won't let me out of the house without a leash.
S2 - No, it is not that, you know I love you. I just need to go wash some clothes.
S1 - Ok. Thanks mom! You are the best!
S2 - You are welcome.

Well friends... I hope you enjoyed this! I leave you with a photo of Mom, Granna, and Honey with her birthday hat!! I will post photos of the other two later this week. I tag MayaMarie, Amici, Butters, and Sasha. Hugs, Sitka


26 comments:

Lee :) said...

That is an adorable pic, filled with tons of love. What a great memory.

Loved the interview. Good questions Sitka!

Ruby Bleu said...

That's such a sweet picture of your mamma!!! And what a great interview. Your Mom must really love you after all that nose business! Wow...that must have really hurt. YIKES! So glad she is better!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

Sitka, are you a journalist too? That was a certainly thorough interview - and entertaining too. Poor mom and her nose! That pic is the sweetest

BLU and Comet said...

What a cute picture of your mom. We loved reading your interview. We've pulled our girl down too, but at least she didn't break her nose. Of course we didn't learn from it either and still pull. Glad your mom's nose is better now.
Comet and BLU

Boo said...

sitka, that's one "useful" interview! now we know more about your family. but i wonder why you never ask any question about tia.

wet wet licks

Boo

Holly said...

Great interview! My mom once spent almost6t $10,000 on Abby's nose when she had e-coli up it! And that wasn't covered by insurance!

What an adorable pic of your mom, granna and Honey!

Holly

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

We are quite confused. Which one is your mom?

Love
Boy n Baby

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Stika,
Great interview. :) It sure helps us to get to know your hoomans better!

ToFFee said...

Hi Sitka!

That's a good interview you had with your mum!

and that photo is vewy nice as well!

Wuffs!
Toffee

Girl Girl Hamster said...

This is a great interview Stika. Did your neighbours really all surround you to get you back?

~ girl girl

Suki said...

What a great interview, and what a sweet picture of your Mom with Honey :)

Thanks for sharing, Shelli!
Puggy kisses
Suki

Oscar Airedale said...

Aw, what a beautiful photo!

People always say not to let Airedales off lead, but I have behaved very well off lead...so far, hehehehe!

Licks
Oscar x

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka, what a great interview! Have you ever thought about being a reporter? I guess you'd have to go off leash for that though. Anyway, we think your mom sounds like a super nice mom and she's very funny as well.

Steve and Kat

The Husky in the Window said...

Sitka you are something else. You keep your mom on her toes (get it, dance) ha roorooroo. You have a good mom. The picture is so cute wih the husky kisses.
MayaMarie

PiratesGrrl said...

Great interview, Sitka! We love the pic, what a great memory. :)

Frasypoo said...

If your mommy still loves you after paying 10 grand to get her nosy fixed(and it was not cosmetic)she' s a keeper!!
It rained a lot yesterday and mom and dad had gone out to eat at Morrow,on their bike!!They came home after an hour of waiting for the rain to clear up.They were drenched.But its like heaven today!!!
Frasier

Maggie said...

What an awesome interview! I was wondering about your name Sitka! Now we know how you got it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Snowball said...

Wow Sitka, Your mummy's nosy sure is most expensive "thing" that you have destroyed...:p

I'm glad that your mummy did not decide to give you up after that. Salute to your mummy for being a understanding owner.

Luv,
Snowball

The Daily Echo said...

Oh my Mom loves that picture! And Sitka, you are mighty witty with interviews. Perhaps a journalism job is in your future. Mom said Merlin pulled her through a snowbank once. Her boots came off. Dad said he would have paid money to see that. HARROOO ROO ROO!
ECHO

DKMaialetti said...

Hi Sitka, pretty cool!
I was gonna tag you but someone got to ya first. I like your interview.
-Georgie

Macie-Malechai said...

Wow Sitka, what a great post, you do really good interviews, maybe you could be an on leash reporter, harooooo!
Face Licks, M&M

The Army of Four said...

Ha roo, Sitka! What a great interview! We got tagged, too, and wow, you really set the bar high! Can you interview our mom? Ha roo roo roo!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: That picture of your mom, Granna and Honey is SOOOOoooo sweet!

The Army of Four said...

PPS: I'm sure glad your mom is OK!!!

Sophie Brador said...

Sitka, If my mom would have known that the way to get a dog to stop pulled was to shatter her nose, she would have done it ages ago! It's big enough. How hard could it be?

Tadpole said...

Yay! I loved that interview! Way to go, Sitka!

And NANCY GRACE?! My girl loves watching her show - she's so very amusing!!!

Marvin The Dog said...

ooooh I love reading about everyone's hooooomans and the interviews are sooooo dogprofessional.....

love and licks, Marv xxxx