Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Nanook and Pooka came to visit...

Ok.. So, Nanook and Pooka really didn't come to visit, but the mailman did bring a package with their name on it and it smelled just like both of them. Well, it smelled how I thought they would smell. Oh, it was so cool. I must get into this package ASAP. It smells wonderful and it makes noises.


Ok, finally I was able to get the package open. So, what do you think is inside? Let's take a look see....

Hey Mom.. Look there is one of those orbit nubby looking balls. I once had one of those but it died. Wow, how did Nanook and Pooka know I needed a new one?

Hey, it is cool... wait..... Is that a fish I see, mom? Wow, there are some super duper items there on the kitchen counter. Do you all see the blue note? That was a super sweet note from Nanook and Pooka. See the purplish blob there on the right? That is Pooka's paw print. It is bigger than my paw, wow! Oh, and it tastes yummy too!

Oh check me out. I think the tail is the coolest part of this fish. Do you want to know why? See, it curls and it fits perfectly under my leg so it will stand up so that I can squeak and chew on it better.

Oh, next on to the food portion of the package. First, there were these yummy treats that were Venison and Salmon flavored jerky bits. Oh, wow, they are good. Now, moving on to the bully stick..


I have had a pork ear before, but this was my first time eating a bully stick. Mom cut it in half since it was close to bedtime (hump!). I was not happy about that because I felt I deserved the entire thing... especially since she took dad out for a birthday dinner and neglected to take me with them. THANK YOU NANOOK AND POOKA so much for all of my goodies and treats. Now, I turn over this post to my beautiful sister, Tia!!!

Meows to everyone... Nanook and Pooka were so thoughtful to send me a little pressie of my very own (except that silly Siberian kept trying to steal it from me). So, have you guessed what it is, or do I need to show you? Ok, I will show you.

So, check this out. I am trying to eat my catnip.. MY catnip. Why can't the silly dog let me enjoy my pressie in peace? Do you see the snout coming in on the lower left corner on the photo???

Oh, I just have to say, I am addicted to this stuff. At one time, I tried to bite the entire bag of catnip. Mom did not have the camera ready for that, but I bit the bag of catnip and shook it left and right!!! Here I am enjoying a bit more of that yummy green stuff on MY placemat on the coffee table. I so own this house!

Ok, so I leave you with a video of me enjoying my catnip. Again, Sitka tried to take it and mom kept moving the camera around to keep Sitka away. So, I apologize for all of the movement sounds.

Sitka and I are very appreciative of the pressies that Nanook and Pooka sent to us. They are extremely thoughtful pups and we are glad they are our pals!!! Hummm... Maybe I need to get a Newf??? I did see that Nanook and Pooka have a cat sister named Maya and I have heard they have more.

Thank you so much! BIG Hugs and Meows - Tia & Sitka

20 comments:

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Woo everyone.. I forgot to mention...in the second video, you will see a red smoker in our den floor. That was Dad's birthday present today!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

PiratesGrrl said...

COOL package!! Nanook and Pooka are so nice!

Sitka, does the catnip make you crazy acting like it does the cats?
Maybe we need some.

The Brat Pack

coco said...

sitka, you are just so gorgeous. i loved watching you playing with that squeaky fish!! how fun!

have a fun 4th!! oh, and happy birthday to your dad!!

puppy love, coco

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow you guys totally SCORED! I just love my carp - Carpe Nemo is what I say...seize the Nemo - hee, hee, hee! And boy did Tia seem to really enjoy her catnip too!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Holly said...

What great toys!!

My human bought us bully sticks once because she heard they last a really long time. Well, it took me like 5 minutes to eat mine, so we haven't gotten them again. What's up with that?

Mom's old cat Alex use to LOVE cat nip! He use to drool and roll around on it. Mom use to call it kitty pot. I have no idea what that means, but apparently it must be something that makes kitties very happy!

Holly

Oscar Airedale said...

What nice pressies, you lucky pair. Does Tia not go a bit crazy on catnip? Flakes does. I wil have to get mum to video her. It's like she's on a druggy trip when she eats it!

Licks
Oscar x

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh.. those are really nice presents. And Stika, I can see your nose smelling Tia's catnips. :)


~ girl girl

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

Those are really great gifts..Nanook n Pooka are so sweet.

So that little girl is your mom... She is so pretty when she is a girl and we think she must be even more beautiful now.

Love
Boy n Baby

The Daily Echo said...

That was VERY cool of Nanook and Pooka! I'm not sure about that Catnip stuff. I think that's a good question for the AO4. What exactly is that? And is there dognip?? If there is, I think I might like to have some. Why is my Mom shaking her head vigorously as if to say "NOOOO!"?
ECHO

Maggie said...

What awesome gifts Nanook and Pooka sent! I love the looks of that fishy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Marvin The Dog said...

well, it all looked lovely, but we couldnt get the videos to play, unfortunately, Will try again tomorrow, perhaps the computer is tired!

love licks, Marv xxxxx

Nanook and Pooka the Newfoundlands said...

We are very glad you liked it, guys! Tia, the catnip was sent with love from Bear, Maya and Handsome - our feline brothers and sister.

Sitka, we hope the carp holds up for a little while, although we can tell you've got the husky chew down!

Kisses,

Nanook and Pooka

PiratesGrrl said...

Hey Sitka

Here's the link to the chewies we got:

http://k9rawdiet.com/Dried-Beef-Trachea-Chew-Treats-BULK-pr-141.html

Mom ordered us some so we're excited! (although she thinks they're gross)

The Brat Pack

ToFFee said...

Hay sitka and tia!

Happy birfday to your daddy!

that looks vewy nicey pressies you've got

it's a good thing tia is not jealous of Sitka for having the fish.

I lurve squealy and that food looks delish!


Wuffs!
Toffee

Lee :) said...

The nubby ball is one of Amici's favorites! He likes to have his human put treats in it so he can try and get them out! Sometimes he asks for help by dropping it in his Mom's lap.

Amici loves bully sticks too but like Holly get devour them in a short time frame. Does Sitka do that too?

What nice friends to send you a Happy 4th Package!

Flossikens said...

OooOooOooO :]

what pawsome gifts!
i think my kitty brother and sister would love that cat nip hehehe

Looks like you had fun with the fish toy !!! :]

Floss & Jez

MaPaw said...

You really got into that carp. Nook and Pooka are good friends to you.
-Magnum

The Army of Four said...

Ruby is so FUNNY! Hee hee hee! "Carpe Nemo"! Hee hee hee!
Those look like great toys, Sitka! Do you get to play with the cat nip, too? Is Tia addicted or anything? Zim keeps trying to eat Mom's basil ... is that sort of the same thing?
Love,
Amber

Frasypoo said...

Such cool pressies...
That picture with Sitkas nose near Tias catnip was brilliant!
Frasier

The Husky in the Window said...

You'all get the best presents in the mail. Me, I get a gentle leader. The fishy is so cool. I love the squeak. And Ms. Tia with her catnip. Oh my goodnees.
MayaMarie