Friday, August 31, 2007

Hilton Head Island

Woo Pups and Girl Girl...
This past weekend I went to this place called Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. Wow, I never have been out of the state of Georgia until now. Cool huh? Well, Dad had a conference thingy to go to... so you know what that means?? Mom and I get to tag along and check out the city.... well in this case... an ISLAND. Wow!
I found some interesting things on this visit. I hope you think they are as cool as I think they are! On our drive to South Carolina, we had to stop and go to the bathroom. Hey, it is a 3.5 hour drive. A girl has to go potty. Well, as I was doing what nature intended, I saw out of the corner of my eye something looking at me.

Oh my dog! What the heck is that? I asked dad and he said "It is an Emu. Otherwise known as a large flightless bird"..... "A 'E' what", I responded. I asked Dad if I could play with it and he told me no that I was only allowed to look at it.
Oh dog, you will never believe it. While Dad was driving, we passed two 18 wheeler trucks. One said ZIM the side and the other said TEX on the side. I tried my best to flag them down because I thought Zim and Texas were in the trucks. Next, before I knew it, the air changed. Oh, it smells so good! The ocean. Really, if you have never smelled it before, you need to.

Soon after, we reached the Island. We checked into the hotel and I encountered another very interesting thing. Mom and Dad called it the "Magic Siberian Transporter". I have never seen one of these before. Have you??? It took me from one floor to the next like magic.



After Dad had one of his classes, we went out to dinner. Mom found this awesome restaurant called Captain Woodies! Ha roo!! They are super dog friendly. I urge you, if you wanna have a laugh, to check out their HOUSE RULES on their website, ha rooooo! While we were waiting to be seated, we looked out at the marina. Next, mom spotted a pineapple fountain. She has a love for pineapples so she had to take a photo of it. While there, I met a small dog wearing a pink outfit. Then, I met a Golden Retriever. He was so sweet and told me all of the secrets. He was a local and had been hanging out at this restaurant with his human for about 2 years. I had to say bye to this chap and head to my table where I got PLENTY of rubbies!



Whew! What a long day. I found so many interesting things. We got back to the hotel and Mom gave me a pork ear and I passed out on the bed!

Ok, Day 2 of this little 2 day trip. So, we got up, took dad to his last class and we checked out the dog park.

That was fun but boy was I tired and hot. It was very humid at 9 a.m.!!! I did meet lots of interesting doggies. Mom's camera battery died, so she did not get any photos of those friends that I met. Sheesh. You would think she would bring extra batteries, wouldn't ya??

Next, I found this fascinating find - a massive tree trunk. Look how it is all intertwined in itself. I even tried to figure it out, but I was not able to figure out how to get through. Then, finally, I found a portion to jump over.....On our way to Tail Waggers, I had to stop and get some Ice Cream.

Ok, now Dave... this is all for you. While I was at Tail Waggers, which is a pet store and bakery for animals, I found the best cookie of all. It is not as good as the real thing, but I think it will do in a pinch!!! Hey Ma.... go get Dave because I see.....



Oh yes... that is a WATERMELON Cookie! Can you believe it??? It is the next best thing to actual watermelon. Oh, the other cookies on the plate - I think everyone will like those as well. The two small ones that are orange are Carrot 'n Cheddar cookies. The one with the white icing is a BANANANANNANANA Biscotti cookie with frosting. Oh my dogness! I found bakery heaven! The lady there was so nice and gave me cookies as mom shopped! We did not forget Tia on this trip. Mom found this little cat nip toy that looks like a piece of bubble gum!!! I am not sure if Tia was happier to smell that or our bags, ha roooo!

Well friends.... Sorry this was a long post, but I had alot to report on. I did get something else cool at Tail Waggers, but I will save that for another post!!! What a fun trip to the Island. I can't wait to go again.

Hugs to everyone :)

21 comments:

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrrr
That sounded like a fun trip. I have been in an dog transporter thing. i liked the ones that are not glass thoe Harrrr.

Cap'n Maverik the Pirate

The Army of Four said...

SITKA!!!!!!! OH, WOW!!!!!! A WATERMELON COOKIE!!!!!!!
(Sorry, I shouldn't woo so loud!)
I can't believe it! That looks so incredible! Did it really taste as good as it looks!?!? That bakery must be SO WONDERFUL! I'm telling Zim, "Forget about trying to get us an ocean here, we need that bakery!!!" Woooooooo!
Your mom is SO sweet to take you there - and to bring something home to Tia, too! And you saw a truck that said "ZIM"!?!? How cool is that! I wonder what it was carrying!
Your vacation sounds so cool - thanks for sharing your great photos! Especially of the WATERMELON COOKIE! Wooooo!
Luv,
Dave
PS: Mom said she wanted to stick her nose out the window and smell the ocean, too. She could almost smell it, she said! :)

Tadpole said...

Holy cow! You saw a mutant bird, a magical transporter, a fruit fountain, a crazy tree, a bakery just for you... I'm exhausted just THINKING about it all! What an awesome trip! Woo!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow! What a great trip! I think the magic Siberian transporter sounds really neat. Maybe when we move to the east coast, we'll be able to go to all of those places!

Steve

PS. If you want to add another new state to your list, come to Texas and visit us!

The Husky in the Window said...

You went on a vacation. How cool is that! Did you like traveling? We are going in October and it's my first trip. I don't know what to expect. You saw so many things and got to be with your parents too! We can't wait to see more.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

The Brat Pack said...

I am so totally jealous I can't even begin to tell you! What an awesome trip and it's great you got to go!!!

What else did you get?!?!??

Tucker

jaffeboy said...

U mean U can just check-in into a hotel without any problem????!!! That is way cool!!!

I wish we had that here too!

Holly said...

Wow, how cool that they allow dogs!! And at the restaurant too! My mom has been to the ocean, but she was in the Pacific Ocean, and it was while she lived in Japan. She said it was very nice and warm!

I LOVE your cookies! They sure look good! Wish we had a bakery here like that! You are very lucky!

Holly

Amici said...

That island sounds fun and beautiful. :) And how nice that is is dog friendly (definitely a bonus). We're glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Frasypoo said...

You' ve been busy and you saw an emu!! Who knew there were those things here !!
Frasier

Two Wild and Crazy Guyz said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time Sitka. That Hilton Head looks like a really cool place. We loved all of the pictures. We think it was awesome how you had your very own big bed at the hotel!
Did you let your parents sleep with you or did they get the floor?
Later,
Ozzie & Rocky

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Sitka...
That sounded like an awesome trip!!! What fun! My Mom said that place you went is really, really nice (She's been there before). All those cookie looked so yummy!!!

Can't wait to hear about what else you got! Have a great weekend!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Kapp pack said...

That's sounds like a great vacation. I can't wait to see what else you got! My mom told me they are planning a biped trip to Hilton Head next Thanksgiving....I wish I got to go on more vacations with mom and dad...something about not being allowed in Disney World...I don't get it!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Tucker said...

You look pretty happy in those pictures! Glad you enjoyed the trip! Did real pineapple juice come out of the pineapple fountain?

Maggie & Mitch said...

That tree trunk was awesome! And you had cookies AND ice cream! What a fabulous trip!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Simba said...

WOW!!! Sounds like soooo much fun!!! So glad you enjoyed my blog! Yours is great too! I'll be checking in regularly! You and Tia are cutie's!

Simba

Koda said...

That it one fine looking tree, a pup would have to drink a lot to give it a proper watering

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Sitka,
Looks like you had fun with your hoomans!!I am so jealous US is such a dog-friendly place. We never get to go out as much as my hoomans would like to in Singapore. There are many places dogs are just not welcomed. :(

Windswept's Diamond Royale said...

WOOOO-OW! What a FUN trip!! Sounds like your humans took you to a good location with tons of doggie friendly things to do!!

I loove the ocean, there are soo many stinky things to sniff and eat. :)

Oh boy, I know the magic transporter well. I call it the glass box of death. Mom says most of them dont actually have windows but for some reason all the ones Ive been in do! And Im afraid of heights!!

And what a cool restaurant!! Mom says we have a few in Seattle that allow dogs outside (and theres actually a couple that allow dogs inside) but Ive never been!

A pig ear, ice cream AND cookies!?! I am jealous! Thanks for sharing!!

*Royal*

Felicia said...

Glad to see there is a tiny bit of room on the bed :)

cyber-sibes said...

Holy Huskies! What a GREAT trip!!!
cookies...siberian transports...a bed to yourself....cool! I love that tree, all those nooks & crannies-- it must be p-mail central! Did you leave a p-mail on it for other dogs to read?
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. : )

woos,
Star & Jack-a-roo