Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ouch Mom...

Well every pup and Girl Girl...

On Sunday, mom held me down (along with Dad) and clipped my dew claws. They get so sharp and I love to use them to claw the parents when I want something. They don't think it is too funny.

So, while mom was getting ready to clip my 2nd dew claw, I jerked and jumped and guess what happened.... This....



Umm... do you see that blue bandage on my left paw? Oh yes, the woman drew blood! Blood I tell ya. The vet is the only person who is allowed (ok, maybe allowed is not the best word to use) to take my blood. The woman was so worried that she got my skin or something. But I would not hold still long enough for anything. I walked about dripping little tiny drops of blood everywhere. So, finally dad got a hold of me, mom inspected and figured she got my cuticle when I jerked as she clipped. So, she put a little gauze on my nail and put this blue vet tape stuff around me... then gave me a PORK EAR! Honestly, she was more hurt than me.

I am much better and I don't blame mom. But maybe this will teach her a lesson - the clippers are BAD and must be tossed in the garbage can!

Hugs!

P.S. Meow everyone - Tia here - Thanks for all of your comments regarding to MY toy that Sitka destroyed. I would like to let you all know that I actually do like tennis balls. I often will carry Sitka's around the house. Hey, what can I say, I am unique, meow!!!

21 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh Sitka...I hope you are ok!!! That blue bandage does bring out your eyes!!! Glad your not mad at your Mom...I mean how could you...you got a port ear!!! Woot!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

The Army of Four said...

Oh, Sitka! You poor, sweet thing! Are you OK? Did you give your mom a dirty look? Stormy said you need to milk it for all it's worth! Even limp a little, if you can. The worse your mom feels, the more lovin' and sweet talk and cookies you'll get! Stormy knows these things! ;)
Play bows,
Zim

The Husky in the Window said...

Poor Sitka. Send me that evil clipper and I will give it to Mr. Pool Cleaner. You look so sorryful with your bandage. I hope you got lots of hugs and kisses.

Tia, what about a picture with that tennis ball. This we have to see this!!

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Woo Sitka. I'm sorry you're hurt, but I must say that you look incredibly tough in your blue bandage. How long did it take you to eat it off?

Steve

-- The Mullin Clan's Mommy -- said...

Hi-woo Sitka,
Blue is just the right color for you. It looks very nice on you.
-Cosmos-

Texas's Mum said...

Aww Sitka my sweet if i were there
i would kiss it all better.
My hoomans take me to the
vets and i get knocked out when i
have to get my claws clipped.
As that is the only way it can be done.
Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).

The Daily Echo said...

Oh poor you!!! But I must say the blue bandage looks bewootiful with your lovely black coat. And that expression on your face is perfect for making Mom feel even worse.
ECHO

Holly said...

Dad did that once to Monty and made him bleed. Mom did it once to Abby cuz she has some black nails and mom got a little too short. Now she is very careful when she clips our nails.

I sure hope it heals fast!! And at least you got a tasty treat out of it!

Holly

Snowball said...

Poor Sitka,

Hope that your mum did not get too deep into the quick of your toes.

Get well soon ans dun blamw mum and dad.

Luv,
Snowball

Frasypoo said...

Oh Poor Sitka,
I ahve an appointment with the aprents today.Daddy holds me tight in the crook of his arm and with only one paw peeking out !!Mommy goes clip-clip!When we are done,daddy looks like he is wearing a white fur coat!

The Brat Pack said...

Poor Sitka, I hope it's feeling better by now. :( Clippers are evil.

Thrawn

Luckie Girl said...

Uh oh, accidents do happen I guess. But that blue bandage looks really fetching on you. :)

Kapp pack said...

oweee!! I hope you are feeling better. My mom told me to tell you that cornstarch works really well to stop bleeding from a cut-too-close nail. Check out my blog for some good news!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Holly said...

Hey you two! Me again. I have tagged you for another game! Check out my blog!

Holly

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Poor Sitka, I hope your paw is ok now.
Tia, maybe you're part dog too since you like to play with tennis balls. :)


~ Girl girl

Felicia said...

Ouch! Poor thing.

Windswept's Diamond Royale said...

ow-woo! my mom did that to me once too! I was half asleep at the time though so I didnt hardly notice. unfortunately for her though we were in the car at the time, no quick-stop or flour or cornstarch, or even fancy vet wrap around, I just had to bleed all over her car. serves her right.

Get well soon,

*Royal*

Turbo the Sibe said...

Sorry you got hurt, but at least you got a pig ear!

Marvin - Braveheart Hound said...

ouch! I always get taken to the Vet's for mine! I would not trust any hooooooman with clippers in their hands!

Hope you feeling bit better now!

love from Marvin xxxx

Amici said...

Ouch! Sitka, we hope you heal up soon. It looks like your Mom and Dad did a good job fixing you up though. Hopefully you're not too mad.

Tia, I can't believe you play with a ball!! That is way cute.

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

We hope it does not hurt too much. We are sure your mom didnt mean it.

Love
Boy n Baby