Saturday, August 25, 2007

Yes, finally a bed!

Woo every pup and Girl Girl....

Guess what? The human woman finally caved! She finally bought me a new dog bed. After a touch over 2.5 years of her claiming that she would never buy me another dog bed.... she finally did.

So, a bit of history for you. When mom and dad first brought me home, she bought this huge bed. (You can go to this link, scroll down to see the photo of me upside down on my red/pinkish and white bed.) So, after about 2 months (keep in mind, I am about 15-17 weeks at this time), I decided that digging in my bed would be super fun. So, I dug and dug and dug and finally a hole appeared. Beneath the hole was wonderful white stuff, like snow. So, I decided that I must pull it out. Then I would be caught, mom would gather the stuffing, re-stuff the bed, and sew up the hole. Mere seconds later, I would start digging the seam until I broke through, and the white stuff appeared again. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat. Finally, mom tossed that bed in the trash. Enter bed #2 - same process happened. Enter bed #3 - same process again! Then the words that I hoped to never hear - "Until you become a big girl and can learn how to care for your property, you will not get another bed." Sigh...

So, she caved! She came home on Saturday from running to the store with this nice fluffy bed! Here I am inspecting it in the kitchen.

So, almost immediately when mom took it to the den... here comes Tia. She smelled it, walked all over it, and instantly laid down on it, took a bath, and then a nap. Umm.. I thought this was MY bed? Why is the cat on it?


So, after several hours, I wanted nothing to do with the darn bed. I mean, why do I need a bed? I have my sofa, and my bed in the bedroom that I share with mom and dad.


Ok, so finally, I decided the bed was "ok" after I saw Tia, yet again, taking a nap on it. So, I got off the sofa and went over to the bed. I walked on it, did several circles and PLOP!

Ok, so maybe this bed is not so bad! It is made of this nice suede material. Mom is hoping that I don't destroy it. Only time will tell. Right now, I am spending more time on the sofa than on that bed. The truth is that I do like it, but I want to keep mom guessing.

So, how many of you out there have destroyed beds when your parents brought one home for you???

hugs and toodles... Sitka ;)

P.S. Be on the lookout.. I just got back from the beach and I found some interesting things to share with you all!!!

17 comments:

The Daily Echo said...

Oh that's a nifty bed Sitka. Clearly Mom felt very bad about the nail clipping incident. I wonder what you'll get next time she gets you with those nasty clippers!
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Wowzers, Sitka! Great bed! You look totally adorable all curled up on it - so does Tia, in a feline-kinda way!
About that first bed ... I can dig it! Ha roo roo roo! I've never dug holes in any of OUR beds, but Mom seems to think I'm responsible for a hole or two or three in the denim quilt on the bipeds' bed! Just cuz I like to play "I'm a coyote fluffing up the prairie grasses" on it ... that's no reason to blame ME!
Play bows,
Zimmie
PS: Was the beach at that ocean!?!!??

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

What a lovely bed!! When we first got here, Mom and Dad had a bed for us. It was just a cheap one from Target. It had fuzzy stuff all over the top and we dug in it like crazy! (And peed on it. Hey, we were babies!) Finally a couple months ago, Mom said she's had enough at staring at the bed that you could practically see through (due to the fuzz being all dug off). And we got new beds. We've been nice to them... so far!!

Steve and Kat

Ruby Bleu said...

Hiya Sitka!!!

Well, I'm kinda like you...no bed because I went thru a bunch too. Maybe my Mom will see your post and how mature you are and give me another chance with a bed?

Here's what I did...

Lots of Licks, Ruby

cyber-sibes said...

Woos Sitka,
That looks like a comfortable bed! Hu-mom finally got a bed for me....when I turned 9 yrs. old!!! it's about time! I no longer destroy stuff, so I guess she figured the coast was clear.

Enjoy the bed! Please give Tia a big husky kiss from me. I love kitties! I wish I had one instead of this stupid puppyhead.

Woos, Star
(and Jack "puppyhead" a-roo.)

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Sitka, I like your new bed. Tia is sooo cute it in. She just can't help herself, she gets right in the middle of things.

I sleep like you, curled up with my tail over my nose. How cool!

My bed "incident" was bad. Not only did I rip the cover and pull out the foam, but I ate the foam, and way tooo much of it. It resulted in an emergency vet visit (how she didn't get a ticket I do not know) and I got very sick and had to stay over night with an IV. I've never seen mom this upset. So no bed or stuffie for me, unless mom is there to check on me.

Be good to your bed and enjoy it. You look pretty in it.

The Husky in the Window said...

I forgot to add....

Husky Hugs and good night to you and Tia.

MayaMarie

Texas's Mum said...

Hi Sitka,
WOW a cool new bed you are very lucky
and I will keep my eyes out for the beach shots.

And I don't think that I have ever
killed any of the beds the hoomans
have got me but I could be wrong.
And as for the digging thing I
totally agree with that I mean you
have to get it just right.

Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).

Kapp pack said...

That's what you deserve after being injured by your humans....the royal treatment...enjoy the new bed!

Kelsey Ann

The Brat Pack said...

Oooh, we love your new bed!! It looks pretty comfy, even for Tia. :)

MaPaw said...

That first picture of you on the bed looks a little like you are digging. My bed is made up of a few blankets folded together on the floor. I have never destroyed it or anyone else's, but sometimes foster dogs pee on it. The blankets are easy to wash.
-Magnum

Tucker said...

We had a cheapo bed for a while. I didn't use it much. Puppy tore a hole in the side and pulled stuff out. She crawled all the way inside to get more.

The Human Assistant kept picking up the stuff and putting back in. Puppy kept pulling it out.

Then she chewed another hole in the top, and H.A. threw out the bed and the puppy!

(Actually, Mystique went to her real home. Then she came back. ::scowl::)

H.A. said he's thinking of getting another bed for us. Gremlin likes them sometimes. I don't care too much.

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Sitka, I love, love, love my bed. Use that bustle along the back to, well, bustle yourself. It makes for a fabulously comfy sleep. Maybe Tia will sleep with you too.

Suki said...

I love how you're in the classic "husky pose" - nose to tail! So cute!

I'm glad you finally have a bed of your own, Sitka. You deserve it for having to deal with Tia. Trust me, I understand! ;)

Puggy kisses
Suki

Randi said...

Hi Sitka & Tia! Nice to meet you! Thankdogness! A new bed...why did it take so long? You poor baby! I hope you have sweet dreams!
Love & Licks,
Randi

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

We hope you will not destroy the new bed. But even if you did, you still got the sofa.

Love
Boy n Baby

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You and Tia look so comfy on the new bed. Will 2 of you snuggle up on it together? You look so cute sleeping in the bed in the last pic, can I come sleep in with you?


~ Girl girl