Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11 and the Vets

I would like to extent my thoughts to all of those who lost a beloved one from the attacks of 9/11. May God bless those who were lost and may he bless those who saved the lives of others.:::::::::::::Pausing for a moment of silence:::::::::::::



Well, today, I took a visit to the vet. Oh my dogness, this place smelled fantastic!!! Here I am listening to what is going on on the other side of the door.....

So, I finally went through the doors. The nice lady took my blood. I told her that I did not sign a release form for her to take my blood, but she did it anyways. They weighed me too. Guess what? I have put on a few lbs from my yearly checkup at the end of June. I now weight 45.2 lbs! However, the tech said that I did look petit!

So, as I was waiting for the vet to come thought the doors, mom caught me doing this....

Mom reminded me that I am not supposed to get on counters, but I quickly told her to return to the photo and she would clearly see that my feet were NOT touching the counter. Ha roo!!!

So, the reason behind this vet visit is that it seems that mom wanted me tested for allergies. I have been doing this horka horka horka thing that has had mom a bit worried. My vet seems to think that if my tests come back negative for allergies, then I may have some problems that are associated with an environmental irritant (dust, or something like that). So, he asked mom to give me some benedryl (which I have had in the past) to help with my horka horka horka breathing thingy while we wait on my tests (which should be back end of this week or beginning of next week.

So, I will keep you all posted when I find out whatever I find out. Again, I am so sorry that I have been slack in visiting your posts and posting myself. Mom has been busy, and she has not appreciated the fact that I have been depriving her of sleep at night with my horka stuff.

Hugs! Sitka

23 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Feel better girlie!!! I have silly allergies and I hates them! Oh and if it is environmental tell your Mom to dust more - hee, hee, hee...that's what I barked at my Mom!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

-- The Mullin Clan's Mommy -- said...

Hiya-woo Sitka,
I hope you are feeling better. My mommy has allergies at this time of year called hay fever. I don't know how they come up wif that name cuz we don't have hay at our house, only at the barn where the horses live. And, mommy doesn't feel hot like she has a fever. Our horse, Norris, has allergies & is on a medicine to help him breathe better & not cough as much. Juneau has been getting us up early around 5:00am (the nerve of that guy!) so I can sympathize wif yur mommy on getting interrupted sleep. When mommy puts him out in the side run, I do not move until our alarm goes off so he goes out himself. I guess it's better that he wakes us than peeing or pooping in his crate & stinking up the bedroom.
Take care,
-Cosmos-

Randi said...

Hi Sitka! I used to listen at the door when my brother was always at the vet...I always wondered what they were doing to him & why I couldn't be by him..I'd howl & cry & whine..but it would take a long time before they opened the door & when they did & Dublin came out we both got treats! Which was fantastic cuz all I did was lay down & while & cry! Humans are so weird!
I hope you are feeling better...my paws are crossed!
Love & Licks,
Randi

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Oh, Sitka, I hope you get better soon. Maybe you are allergic to Georgia and should move next door to us in Texas.

Steve

Tucker said...

I am having a little more trouble than usual with breathing lately too. But at least there is no cat to cause sniffles here! ::big husky grin::

Holly said...

I sure hope they can find out why you are doing the horka thing. That way you and your family can all get some much needed rest. Please keep us updated on how it goes. We are dealing with those nasty allergy things here too. Only there are 5 of us, so I feel your pain!!

Holly

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

Do keep us posted if you find out anything.

Love
Boy n Baby

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You sure are brave at the vet Sitka. I hope your test results come back fine

~ Girl girl

The Army of Four said...

Sitka: We're sending you lots of prayers and Siber-hugs!
Guess what!?!? Mom and I are finished making your quilt! I've posted in-progress pix on the blog today! I hope woo like it!
Luv,
Dave

Maggie & Mitch said...

I think it's the time of the year for allergies Sitka. My eyes get all goopy and I make strange throaty noises too! Keep us updated, okay?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

The Daily Echo said...

Barfing isn't fun and sharing your blood with the people in the vet's office isn't fun either. I hope they gave you a reward afterwards! Shyla was doing the barfy thing when Mom figured out she was allergic to wheat. Meeka had to take Benadryl a couple times when his face swelled up. Mom said he looked like an Akita with a toothache.

Kapp pack said...

We hope everything is ok with you and something simple like allergies. I'm sure you will be able to catch-up on all the excitement once your horkaing goes away.

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

Guinness has lots of allergies too. Her eyes also do this goopy thing all of the time. Mommy has allergies too. We hope you feel better soon. We know your feet were not on the counter!

Luckie Girl said...

Are you feeling better Sitka? Gee, you are really brave. I see you totally seem to be digging the vet visit.

IndyPindy said...

Haha, I always do that too, try to see under the door and then sniff everything in the room.

Feel better soon!

The Husky in the Window said...

Are you feeling better? Did your mom hear from the doctor?

I want to know if you got a treat
from that jar? And, what was on the other side of that door? Hmm.

Oh, and Tia had run of the house while you'all were gone.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Ivy said...

hey hey sitka! i feel your pain wif the allergies. i dont think they shud take your blood wifout your permission. that is waaaay uncool. and i think you haf a reelly good trick there not getting your feety-feet up on the counter. who can be mad at you for that? tee hee!

luv ivy

Frasypoo said...

Hi Sitka,
You are so clever...
I have to say.....its the weather that causes all the allergies
Frasier

Faya said...

I hope you will be better soon ok ? Kisses, Faya

Tasha & Eva said...

Wow Sitka, you were such a good girl at the vet. Nice job of not putting your paws on the counter! Hope the vet and your mom can get to the cause of the horkaing. That is never any fun. We saw your new quilt on the AO4 blog. That is going to be a very comfy addition to your sofa! Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

Amici said...

You like to inspect the vet office like me. :) I don't understand why they have treats up on the counter but then don't offer us one. What is up with that?

Ha ha, I liked how you technically didn't have your paws on the counter. That was a good one!

cyber-sibes said...

Woooos, Sitka-

That is a really cool am. flag-eagle, a very nice memorial. We did a silent wooo in rememberence.

The horka horka horka thing sounds nasty. We hope whatever it is goes away soon & you feel better. I used to get hot spots, and now my humom thinks I was allergic to the straw I slept on. When she cleared it out I didn't get any more hot spots. Now that we moved, I get to sleep inside ( Wooo-hooos!)

~Star

The Brat Pack said...

Sitka - We're late seeing this but hopefully you had good news from the vet. We're sending a little surprise your way this week!

Thrawn