Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cheese Cookies, Allergy Reports, My Bed, & Beach

Woooo Pup Friends and Girl Girl...

Well, I have several things to share with you all today. Let's start with Cheese Cookies. This weekend before the University of Georgia Football game, Mom made me some special game time treats. They are Cheese Cookies. See Mom recently bought a new cookbook from Harnessed to Hope Northern Breed Rescue and I asked her to make me something out of it when we got it in the mail. (Oh, MaPaw Siberian Rescue has a great cookbook too. Don't worry friends with MaPaw.... I am going to get your cookbook too).

Anyroo, so I was in the kitchen helping mom make these cheese cookies. Check out that roll!!!

Come on mom... Let me have it, please!!!!

Come on, just one little itsy bitsy taste.

Arrrgggg! Just as fast as I got my chompers almost around that ball of cheese mixture, mom snatched it right out of my mouth. That does not seem fair to tease your Siberian. Don't you all agree?? So, after that ball sat in the fridge, mom rolled it out into Bone and Butterfly shapes and baked it. Oh check out the glory....

Oh friends, I wish you could taste these cookies. They were SOOOO good! Thanks HTHNBR for putting such a great recipe in your cookbook!!!

Ok, moving on from food.... do you remember when I went to the vet about my horka horka horka? You may also remember that they took my blood without my permission to send off and run tests on it. Well, the results are in. Let me say that I am not technically allergic to anything, however, I did score near the category for being allergic to a few things. So, mom is just going to try her best not to feed me stuff with Beet Pulp in it. I mean, what the heck is beet pulp???

So, here is how it works... with food, apparently if you are over 40 MAU (Modified Absorbance Units) it is cause for worry. Here were my top score getters - Beet Pulp 26, Brewer's Yeast 19, Corn 19, and Flax Seed 14. Everything else is 0-9. They did test me for Kangaroo!!! Umm, I don't know what exactly to say about that.

So, let's look at environmental stuff. There are three categories (all in that MAU stuff) - 0-39 no significant allergies, 40-59 should be considered significant, greater than 60 Significant. I did have some high vote getters in the 0-39 range, such as Sage Mix, Dog Fennel, Bahia Grass, and some other things with funny names. I had one thing score a 52 and that is DUST! So, I guess I am sorta allergic to dust! Can you believe this? I promise my mom is not a total slob. I mean, she could sweep once every day, rather than once a week or once every two weeks. Oh well!!

I am still doing my horka thing, but not as much as before. Mom gives me a teaspoon of Benadryl, watches me, backs off of it, and if I horka again, I get more Benadryl. That is about all we can do. Well, unless mom cleans every single day, including every nook and crannie in the joint!!!

My Bed! Do you remember when Mom caved and bought me a new bed??? Well, guess what? I have finally made a hole in it, ha rooo!!!


Lastly (Whew! Sorry for the long post), I am going to the beach this weekend. Remember my first trip? We are leaving on Thursday and coming home on Saturday. Woo Hoo! I can't wait to dig in the beach sand again. I hope to have some exciting things to show you! I wonder if I will see an Emu again??

I am taking my puter with me on this trip, so hopefully, I can check in with all of you while we are at the beach.

Hugs and Loves to all of you!!! - Sitka

20 comments:

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Sitka, those cookies look yummy. Mom got the same book too and we want her to try everything in it!

I'm so glad your allergies don't include cheese. Hope the Benadryl helps.

As for the dust. I guess our moms will have to form a club. Our house grows dust and fluff.

We can't wait to hear about this trip to the beach. Have Fun.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Texas's Mum said...

Hey Sitka,
Those cookies look sooooo yummy
and you get to go to the beach
well i hope that you have a
fantastic time.
And i am glad that your test
results were good - the allergy
stuff.

Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).

Melissa said...

Oh that teasing is just not right!!! Our Mom and Papa do things like that to us too..........When will they ever learn!
Licks'n'Sniffs,
China & Madie

Maggie & Mitch said...

Those cookies look simply delicious!
Boy, if I had allergies to dust, I'd be in BIG trouble! Mom HATES to dust! I'm glad your case is just mild, Sitka!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Frasier said...

Hi Sitka,
Have fun.I bet she' s glad the dawgs won
Frasier

-- The Mullin Clan's Mommy -- said...

Oh, those cookies look so yummy. Good thing you aren't allergic to cheese. Our house gets quite dusty at times. Have fun at the beach. Hope yur humes take lots of pictures to show us.
-Cosmos-

The Daily Echo said...

Oh Sitka those cookies look SOOOO GOOD! Thank dogness you're not allergic to cookies. I think I mentioned that a couple times Meeka's face swelled up. The vet guy said he's allergic to something but so far it's not bad enough to test. Mom said if it's dust we might have a problem. HARROOROO!
ECHO

Kapp pack said...

So sorry about the allergy thing. Hopefully your mom finds some good food for you to eat! Those cookies looked really yummy!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I think you should have eaten the ball uncooked!
Steve

Tucker said...

So it's okay for you to eat kangaroo? That's good. But stay away from that other stuff.

Beet pulp is the dead carcasses of sugar beets after people squeeze the juice out to make sugar.

Humans feed it to horses because it still has some sugar in it. And it is fiber. Humans think that other animals need more fiber because people don't get enough.

Then humans started putting it in pet food. Someone forgot to tell them that we're carnivores!

The Human Assistant says there was a very short discussion of beet pulp on Sibernet.

A man from a pet food company gave a paper at a conference. On "high-performance dogs," or some such. The paper said beet pulp helps form poop.

The Human Assistant asked on Sibernet whether dogs forgot how to poop.

Can you tell that he thinks dogs don't need beet pulp? He thinks that it is a cheap, useless filler.

I think it's good to leave room in the stomach for chewed-up books and cardboard.

And cookies, if you're a lucky pup and get them!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Those cheese cookies look so yummy. It's making me hungry.
Can't wait to hear updates on your trip to the beach. :)

~ Girl girl

Marvin - Braveheart Hound said...

Sitka the cookies look good but I would not be able to eat them 'cos cheese gives me the Horka Horka Horka....!

I bet if you did eat kangeroo you would be a bit "jumpy"! ha ha ha ha!

Ruby Bleu said...

Sitka...I am so proud of you girl for the bed thing!!! Yay!!! You get 'em. As for the allergies...yikes!!! Good luck getting your Mom to dust everyday...if you figure out a way, please let me know so I can 'train' my Mom.

Have a great time at the beach and I can't wait for pictures!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

MaPaw said...

Those cookies look delicious! Have a good time digging in the sand.
-Magnum

Suki said...

I remember your first trip to the beach, that was a long time ago! I hope you have a great time :)

I need to have my allergies checked, too. Mom's pretty sure it's just grains I'm allergic to, but there may be other stuff, too.

Puggy kisses
Suki

Colleen and Izzie said...

Those cookies look good. And no, it wasn't nice for your mama to snatch the cheese ball out of your mouth! Cheer up. All I get to eat are prescription hypoallergenic food and treats. And there aren't that many treats to choose from!

Have fun at the beach!

The Army of Four said...

Sitka: Dave looked at your blog first and drooled all over the keyboard! WOW, those cookies look GOOD!
Say "hi" to the ocean for me. And tell it to come to Kansas! At least for a VISIT!
Play bows,
Zimmie

Tadpole said...

You should call the ASPCA over that "teasing" bit your mom did.... I think you have a case.

Ferndoggle said...

Those cookies look so super yummy! I have allergies too. Benedryl makes me very sleepy!

Lola

Lacy said...

woofies sitka and tia!!! dat will b greawt to add me, i already added u.

b safe,
;)lacylulu