Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Trip to the beach ....

Woo Friends and Girl Girl!

I have returned from the beach and boy did I have a good time!! Do you remember when I went to the beach last year? What about the digging in the sand that I did? Anyroo, it was time again for Dad's conference down in St Simons Island, so, mom and I tagged along. Right when I got there, I found some beautiful flowers! They are called Hibiscus and were covered in butterflies!!!So, continuing on my discoveries, I found another cool tree. Do you remember the cool one I found in Hilton Head?


Moving on toward the beach... I find this cool walkway thingy. I could feel the breeze from the ocean. Oh, it feels to good.

Time for a dip! Check me out. I even dipped my head in the water and drank a few times. Little did I know it was SALT water. It was not what I thought it would be.

So, mom made me get out for a rest, but it was calling me back to it.

So, after about 30 min of playing in the water, I was pretty tired and hot. As we were walking back to the hotel, I found this puddle of water in the middle of the beach. Mom explained that the tide just went out and sometimes it leaves water behind.

After I had some time to rest and get dry, we went out to dinner to this place called Brogen's North. Guess what? They were pet friendly, so I went to dinner with my parents. There were some biped kids there playing around like they were pirates! They kept running around and I kept whimpering because I wanted to play with them, but mom would not let me.
So, day 2 of our trip... Mom caught the sun peeping through the trees. Isn't this pretty???

Time to go visit the beach again. While I was out and about, I found two very interesting things. Mom would not let me have either of them, but she took some photos for you to see what I found. What do you think about it?

Wow, those were cool. You can find some interesting things at the beach, huh? Oh, speaking of interesting things. Mom discovered something about me while we were on our trip. Mom has never noticed this before and was wondering if any of you other Siberians have this? Look, I have a Dash on my tail. See?

So, back out to the beach. Guess what time it is? DIGGING TIME! So, I ask this question... What do you think?

Back in the water.. check me out jumping waves. With each trip into the water, I got deeper and deeper. Mom was with me every step of the way. She got totally drenched. It was awesome!

Look at my wet fur? Can you tell how deep I went? Last time, I only got a few inches of my feet went.... this time, I went past my chest! I am so brave!

Well, to conclude another great day, look at this beautiful photo of the moon. The night before, mom said the moon was a harvest moon. She tried to get a good photo of the orange tint to the moon, but it did not come out like she expected.

Day 3, my last day :( Maverick and friends, guess what I found!! There is a road on the island that was adopted by pirates! Cool! I looked for their ship, but I never could find them :(
Mom and I had a few hours to waste before Dad was out of his conference, so we went to the pier. I had spotted some birds in the photo below (birds not pictured, lol). They kept taunting me! That did not make me very happy. I did scare mom once. The wind picked up some kind of black fluff and I caught it in the air. I did this beautiful jump and caught it! Mom saw something black in my mouth, feared I caught a bird, and told me to drop it. So, I dropped it, and the wind picked it up again. It was not a bird.

Oh, we found this cool cannon. I wonder if a Pirate Ship is nearby? I looked, but did not see one.

Check out the St. Simons Lighthouse. Isn't it so cool. (I think mom did an excellent job taking this photo).

Remember that I told you earlier that butterflies were everywhere? Well, I found an entire patch of them. Check out this one. I tried to talk to it, but it wanted nothing to do with me.

Well, Mom told me it was time to go back to the car. I did as I was told and led the way.

So, once we were in the car, I asked....
Mom informed me that it was time to go pick him up.
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I saw this cool dog walking. It looked like a Siberian, but had the ears and legs of a Saluki. So, my educated guess says that it was a Saluki Siberian Mix. It was adorable, in my opinion :)
Well, another fun fun fun trip to the beach. I wish you all could have gone with me. I leave you with this photo of me on the beach. I could say that I actually was off leash and behaved like a perfect angel, but mom used some cool program and removed my leash from the photo. Cool huh? So, at least in a photo, I can have a dream of being free on the beach!

Hugs to all of you! Oh, one more thing, when we returned I had mail from the Five Happy Hounds!!!! Be on the lookout for some great photos of our pressies!!!

29 comments:

Tucker said...

I have never been to the beach, so I don't have a dash on my tail. Is it like the jellyfish and crab? Are they hard to get off?

It sounds like you had fun otherwise. You're pretty brave to go in that big, big water!

Ruby Bleu said...

hey Sitka...
Great chatting with you this morning!!! I loved that last picture of you...you looked great and your Mom did a pawsome job removing your leash...if only it were real, right?

It looked like you have a fabulous time...I really wish I lived near the beach...

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Colleen and Izzie said...

I've never been to the beach either. But I will tell you one thing: If mama ever takes me you better believe she'll leave me on my leash! I probably wouldn't go that close to the water, either. And mama would keep me far away from anything worth getting into.

I might as well stay home! Glad you had fun!

Holly said...

Your beach looked so fun! I love the beach too. But you had WAY more sand than I did. Great pics! Your tail looks very fluffy in the last pic, a lot like mine!

Holly

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That sure looks like a pawsome trip to the beach. I love the pic where you stick your head in the sand. Haa.. did your mom enjoy getting wet in the water with you?

~ Girl girl

Maggie & Mitch said...

What an awesome day you had! You're very brave to go in the water! No way would I do it!
We love your picture of the harvest moon! It's so pretty!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Faya said...

I have never been on a beach but I sure would like to dig in the sand... Did you eat the crab ?
Kisses, Faya

Amici said...

We love your beach pictures! Where were you?

Great pictures by your Mom and of course it helped that she had a great husky to take a picture of!

We may go to the beach ourselves, TODAY! It is Oct 1 and in Maine that means the beach is available to the dogs again!! :)

Snowball said...

The beach you went to look so bootiful. The beach we have in Singapore are quite dirty.

Luv
Snowball

The Army of Four said...

WOW! What great pictures, Sitka! You look totally bee-roo-tiful in each one! The ocean looks SO fun - I wish I was there with you!
Did you eat the butterflies? How about the Hibiscus?
What a cool adventure!
Some of us have tail dashes! We'll have to take pix and show you!
OH! Storm tagged you and Tia in a fun, new tag game!
Ha roooo!
Play bows,
Zim

The Daily Echo said...

Oh my dogness! What a great adventure! I don't know why but the humans never let us have the stinky, smelly stuff that we find. Thank you for sharing your vacation with us.
ECHO

Turbo the Sibe said...

We all have tail dashes here!

Lacy said...

woofies sitka and tia!!!! nice to me u boths...lookies likes u had a weellly nice time at the beachs..i got a sista cat too, her name iz sassy...come visit me sometime..

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

The beach is so beautiful and the water is so clear. The beach down here is so dirty.

Love
Boy n Baby

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I love the picture of you with your head in the sand! So cute!!

Steve

The Brat Pack said...

Your trip looks like so much fun, we're totally jealous! I wish we were by the beach.

YAY! Your present arrived!!

Love,
Tucker

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrrr Sitka
GREAT pics I wonder where the pirates where Harrrrr? Did you find any tresure in that hole that you dug?
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Sitka. You had an amazing vacation. We so enjoyed your sharing all that you did. The beach must be great. All that sand and water to play in. And you stayed in a hotel and went to a restaurant. Wow!
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Kapp pack said...

Those were such cool pictures! We used to love our time at the beach....now the little biped gets to go and we have to stay home :-(

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Tasha & Eva said...

Hey Sitka and Tia, Tasha here. Wow what a great time you had! We love the head-in-the-sand pic! Are you a sibe-strich?!?! We would love to join you at that beach sometime. We would like to tag you for a new game. You have to tell everypup what Tia and your theme songs are. We thought it was hard, but it was also very fun! See our blog or the AO4's site for more info. Belly Rubs, Tasha.

Frasier said...

Oh what fun!Did you get a tan ?
Frasier

Bama said...

Oh NO! We're so sad, wish we'd known you were in St Simon's, our den in Jacksonville is just down the road, we maybe could have come up to play on the beach with woo! Our mom said she thinks the pirate sign might be from the Fernandina Beach Pirates, they take over the whole town every Memorial day weekend, some of them are friends of mom & dad, they have lots of fun when they go up to hang with the Pirates.
Our mom says the breeder that Chili came from told them that mark on the tail is our "smell-spot" and that all huskies have them. She said she thinks it has something to do with double coats and northern breeds, that smell is concentrated there for easy ID by other furballs. (& yes, all 4 of us have one, tho Miks is harder to see now that she's gotten darker, too). When Chill was little they another of his nicknames was Comma, cause that's how his smell spot was shaped.
Manykisses,
Bama & the RHP

Bama said...

Pee ess,
not sure how we missed adding you to our list of friends, but we've corrected that error!
the RHP

Luckie Girl said...

Wow, your trip does look really FUN!! :)

Patty Dogster said...

Wow, those are some great photos! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day at the beach. And I'm so excited you have a Dogster badge on your blog! Woof!

Did you know we just released Dogster Answers? You can ask any question, get answers from our knowledgeable community, and vote on the best answer. Check it out!

http://www.dogster.com/fetch/helpful_answers

Woof!

Scrappy and Pebbles said...

this is our first visit to your blog and we love all your pictures. We love the beach and to swim too

Scrappy and Pebbles

Russell said...

I feel like I was there

russ

Marvin - Braveheart Hound said...

Lovely pics! I just love the sea! But it is toooooo salty to drink!

Windswept's Diamond Royale, CGC, TDIT said...

woo! I loved all the photos! I just looove the beach. We have sort of a beach at the dog park, but its freshwater so theres no smelly crabs and things to explore! I need to get my hu-mom to take us to a real beach soon. They are everywhere around here!

I have a "dash" on my tail too, I have always had it. It used to be really noticable when I was young and lighter colored!

*Royal*