Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nice weather...

Woo Pups, Wilber, and Girl Girl...


I don't know how the weather has been for all of you, but here it has been lovely the past few days. The days have been about 76ish and the nights 45ish!! HA ROOO! I can't wait for it to be colder, but this sure beats the heck out of 95 during the day and 75 at night. Anyroo, Friday when mom got home from work, she decided to clean off our screened in porch since it was cool. Man, alot of dirt and crap had gotten tossed everywhere, but within an hour, we had it spotless (ok almost)! So, mom has been leaving our french doors from the den to the screened in porch open. Let's see, Friday night, open. Saturday (all day), open. Currently Sunday afternoon, open and the entire fam is outside enjoying the cool weather. It is so nice! Here are some photos of Tia and I checking things out. (P.S. The 2nd photo, something in the air caught my attention.)

I am not sure why Tia was allowed on the table and not be. It does not seem fair. I mean, Turbo is allowed to get on tables. Anyroo, wait a second, something is outside.

I asked mom to go outside and check things out for me. Here is what she had to report. Sitka, I found a Monarch Butterfly at the Butterfly Bush. Oh, and I also found you looking at me through the porch screen. Lastly, I found some Lantana. Another shrub/bush that Butterflies like to feed from.

Humm, Her findings sparked my interest. I asked her to take me outside and let me check things out for myself. So, Dad took me out instead. Now, an interesting turn of events. Tia has never been one for the outside. She is 14.5 (as some of you may know) and has really never been outside past a screened in porch. Well, she got brave yesterday. Mom was right beside her while she checked out the deck and yard. Check out these photos...

I must say, this upset me. See, my sister does not come outside and that confused me. I immediately rushed to her side and herded her back onto the deck. We stopped to smell the Geranium before going back into the porch. Once we were there, Tia assumed her position on one of her many thrones in our house (humm, this appears to be a new throne).


Whew! It has been a long weekend, but I have enjoyed spending time with my family and watching my University of Georgia Dawgs pull out a win against Vandy! I promise if I have not gotten to your blog this weekend, I will. It was a busy week for mom last week.

Anyroo! Hugs to all of you and head over to Steve and Kat's blog. Today is their 1st birthday!

20 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Wowzers! Cool photos, Sitka - and tasty-looking - uh, I mean "beautiful" butterfly and flowers. I like the picture of you herding Tia - that is TOTALLY sweet! You really take good care of her, don't you? What did she think of being outside?
Stormy said that third picture down is the BEST picture of Tia!
Glad the Dawgs pulled it off - WOW, what an exciting finish!
Play bows,
Zimmie

Tucker said...

Yes, very nice herding picture! We're so smart we can do other breeds' jobs - when we feel like it!

Tucker said...

p.s. It's been raining lightly here for a day or more. Not a common thing for us.

Holly said...

Those are beautiful photos! I love the one of Tia laying in the chair in the sunshine! You did a good job of protecting her Sitka!

Holly

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh what fun photos! And Miss Tia outside. That was sooo protective of you to watch her.
The butterfly is so pretty. And you saw it. You mom is good with the camera.
Missy likes Tia's new throne. That's a good spot for the fall, in the sun.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Tucker said...

p.p.s. It's snowing now! First snow of the season for Denver.

Kapp pack said...

Wow, definitely a working dog with those herding skills. We are enjoying the cooler weather here too!

WOo woo, Kelsey Ann

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Those are really nice photos of you and Tia and of the outdoors. You sure are a nice sister to take care of Tia

~ Girl girl

Lacy said...

woofies Sitka and Tia!!! u iz sooo sweetie to take cares of Tia likies dat...our weather iz nice too, bout the sames as urs...the pickturs wuz greats..

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Faya said...

Did you catch the butterfly ? I don't know why they don't like to play with us....
Kisses, Faya

The Daily Echo said...

I enjoyed seeing your porch inspection. Now that Tia seems to like it outside you'll have to keep a better eye on her! Those sneaky kitties.
ECHO

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka,
I think you should be able to get on the table. We get on the table all the time outside. Inside we aren't allowed on the table. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Kat

Tia,
I'm glad you finally got to go outside. I try to get outside every time the door opens. It drives my mom nuts! You should try it.

Wilbur

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow...what came over Tia??? Good for you taking the lead to make sure she got back on the porch...who knows what would have happened if you weren't there to take care of you.

Sound like a wonderful weekend. Weather has been really nice here too! Woot!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Felicia said...

Finally its cooling off here in Georgia! Love those pretty flowers.

Tasha & Eva said...

Such an eventful weekend. You guys sure had fun! Tia, you are a very brave kitty. That must have been quite the adventure for you. We're glad that the weather has finally cooled off for you. Its only in the 50's around here lately but raining almost every day:( Such great pics of you guys! Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

Harry said...

I think you must have all the warm weather as it's rotten here.

What a brave girl Tia is. Flakes doesn't seem to go far either and she's an old girl too (15).

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Tucker said...

I think the Human Assistant needs new glasses. I don't think it snowed. Maybe it was light reflecting off the rain.

Anyway, see if you can keep Tia out of a tree next time she goes out! Sometimes they get too scared to come back down.

Or else they're trying to get away from dogs. Nawww, that can't be it.

Momo :) said...

Sitka, thanks for sharing very nice picuters. Our weather has been bad.... wet and VERY foggy!! I wish I could play with you and Tia!!

Momo xoxo

Amici said...

We like your pictures! Nice herding skills. It is neat that you get along so well. I try to "eat" Shawn's cat when I am at Kana's house.

Bama said...

Our mom is amazed you take such good care of Tia, all of her experiences have made her afraid to EVER even attempt to bring smaller critters around huskies, so none of us have ever even SEEN a cat. Woo are a grrrreat catsister.
Manykisses,
Bama & the RHP