Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Stuff...

Woo Woo Woo Pups, Girl Girl, and Wilber!!!

As promised, I thought I would share some photos with you of my hard work putting up (er... supervising mom) the Christmas Tree and Decorations. It has been mom's tradition since she was a little girl to put up the tree (yes, it is artificial) the day after Thanksgiving. She takes it down the day after Christmas, btw. She is also quite the early bird when it comes to shopping. Since my mom's birthday falls in December (that means new car tag!), she likes to get all of her shopping done. Plus, she enjoys looking at the tree with all of the pretty wrapped presents under it! I must admit, I have never destroyed any of the presents under the tree. Mom hopes that this year will remain the same since she moved the tree's location from the window in the den to where it is now.

Oh, several of you had commented on mom getting up early the day after Thanksgiving to go shopping. She wanted to let you all know that this is the first year she has ever done it (and is not sure she will ever do it again). It was INSANE at Wal-Mart when they got there at 4:30 a.m. People lined up everywhere to get whatever they came in for. She and Dad went for the sole purpose of buying the TV since it was basically 1/2 off the regular price! The sale started at 5 a.m., and they were checking out at 5:04 a.m. and home by 5:10 a.m.

Ok, moving on to my tree. The first photo is of the tree and mantle. Usually we put the tree by one of the windows in the living room, but mom wanted to change it up this year.

Here is Miss Tia. She is trying to figure out how to get on top of the mantle. Do you think we should tell her that mom would not like that idea too well?

So, mom was trying to get a photo of me in front of the tree. She is going to keep trying, but this was her first attempt. Hehehehe ha roooo! Can't you just hear me laughing at her??

So, she tried to outsmart me now. She started tossing my toys toward the tree to catch me on the return. I thought this was pretty smart of her and did not think it deserved a laugh, but she still did not get the photo she wants - me sitting nicely by the tree smiling.

Ohhh, I like this photo. Mom tossed up my Nubbley and I caught it in the air. From this view, you really can't tell that my upper body is in the air. If you look behind me, you will see the new TV that my parents got up on Friday morning to purchase. Mom says that it is a 32 inch wide screen and that it looks twice the size of the 20 inch that used to be there.

Here is our tree at night when the lights are out. Kinda mesmerizing huh?

Well, I hope you enjoyed these photos. I do have some cool ornaments on the tree and a cool singing snowman and dog. I will get you some close up looks at them later this week (and maybe a video or two)! Humm... now where did mom put that remote to the TV before she went to work???

HUGS! Sitka

17 comments:

Faya said...

It's beautiful ! Great job ! Santa can come now we are ready !
Kisses, Faya

Maggie & Mitch said...

We love the tree lights too! Your house looks beautiful all decorated for Christmas!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Tucker said...

Excellent photo of you in front of the tree! That should be on your Christmas cards!

That or what the mantle looks like after Tia jumps up there. You are encouraging her to jump, aren't you? ::evil Husky grin::

The Human Assistant says the new TV's screen is in fact more than twice the area of the old one. Go figure!

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Yur Christmas tree & decorations are so pretty! Our mommy said that yur mommy & daddy are true, brave shoppers to get up so early on "Black Friday" & hit the Walmart. Glad they were able to get what they wanted at the right price & home wifout wasting too much time there standing in line.
-Cosmos-

The Army of Four said...

Oh, WOW! You've been working OVERtime! Great job, Sitka! I'm sure your mom couldn't have gotten it all done without you and Tia helping!
Hey..... is that the Georgia-Georgia Tech game in the background?
Ha roo and play bows,
Zimmie

Harry said...

Oooh, I feel all Christmassy now!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Do you and Tia have stockings? Wilbur has a stocking, but Steve and I don't yet. Mom is still looking for the perfect ones. Last year, on our first Christmas, Mom didn't have time to find stockings because she was busy getting ready for the wedding. But this year she promises that we will have stockings! Your tree looks very pretty.

Kat

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Tia might make a nice tree topper!



*SIBE GRIN*


All looks great my fur-riend!

Woos,

Khyra

Lacy said...

woofies Sitka and Tia!!! bute ti ful tree and mantle..heehee iffin tia wants on dat mantle she will get dar iffin me nos cats...sooo u mom fought she wuz gonna fool ya wiff pictur takin, me gesses u fooleded her...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

The Daily Echo said...

Oh Sitka! Everything looks so bewooootiful! Obviously your input made the difference. We're cutting our tree down this weekend - probably Saturday because guess what? They say SNOW for Sunday (maybe)!!
ECHO

Comet and BLU said...

Your house looks very beautiful decorated for Christmas. Our girl usually puts the fake tree up the day after Thanksgiving too, but she was too lazy to fight the crowds at Target to get one. She promises that it will go up some time this week. Sure...sure.

Comet and BLU

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow...the tree looks bootiful! Nice work supervising Sitka!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Snowball said...

The Christmas decorations in your home is very Beautiful!!!

Are you planning to help her unwrap some of those nicely wrapped pressies before Christmas is here?

Luv,
Snowball

Holly said...

Wow, that looks great! We need to get mom to get our stuff up soon too.

Hbbb

Simba said...

Very festive! My humans will probably start decorating this weekend!

Simba

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

Wow, that is a beautiful corner. Have you and Tia put your socks up yet? We are very sure that there will be lots of pressies coming your way.

Love
Boy n Baby

Windswept's Diamond Royale, CGC, TDIT said...

OOOOO I love the decorations!! My hu-mom has a white tree, so its very different looking at our house! I love the variety! I love the "action shot" of you- nice catch!

*Royal*