Saturday, November 24, 2007

Early Hours....

Woo Woo Woo Pups, Girl Girl, and Wilber....

Well, I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving (if you celebrated it)! Before I start my post for today, I wanted to thank everyone for the kind wishes about my great granna. She is doing much better now. She goes back to the doctor in one week, so keep those positive thoughts coming and let's hope the bleeding in her brain has stopped.

So, after all of my turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, steak, and other various yummy foods on Thursday, I had made plans to sleep in on Friday. Little did I know that my parents were planning something completely different. At 4 a.m. Friday morning, the alarm goes off. I sprung out of the bathtub and ran to the bed. I jumped up and looked at my parents like "What the heck?" Mom rolled out, tossed her hair in a ponytail, threw on clothes and took me outside. Then, her and dad looked at me and said, "We are going to run a quick errand." What the crapola?!?!? It is 4 a.m.; what kind of errand do you possibly have to run?

So, they were gone for what seemed like forever (ok, really only 45 minutes). They walked in the door with this huge box in their hands. Let's take a look at what Tia and I discovered.


Oh yes, as soon as they walked back in the door at 5:15 a.m., they got to work. Taking cords off the old TV, unhooking stuff, moving things around, etc. Once they got this monstrosity of a TV set up, they kicked back on the sofa with coffee. Ummm... what about going back to bed?!?!?! Tia and I were totally confused. It is ok for us to wake the humans up before the crack of dawn, but not the other way around.

Oh, to make matters worse, mom got dad to help her get all of the Christmas decorations out. Sigh! I asked when I was going to get to take a nap, and mom shrugged her shoulders and told me I could nap now. How can a Siberian possibly take a nice nap when there is clacking and banging going on - not to mention things to smell that I have not smelled in a year?

Well, I finally got to nap... around 10 a.m. when mom finished moving stuff around. We took some photos today of the Christmas tree and mantle. I will share those with you tomorrow or Tuesday. I am gonna scoot for now since the University of Georgia Football Game is on TV. I need to root on my DAWGS!

Hugs! Sitka

16 comments:

Tucker said...

It looks like Tia is on top of things!

The Human Assistant's son used to get up even earlier on Turkey Friday to sell the darned stuff. Thank goodness he was living on his own by then!

Although, since he was gone all day, we could have just gone back to sleep. But still. That's awfully darned early!

Maggie & Mitch said...

We can't wait to see your Christmas tree, Sitka and Tia!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Well, your rooting surely worked - UGA and the troops kikhked some BumbleBee Buttz!

If only UCONN had barked lots and lots harder but they let a bi-ped from the hills whoop 'em!

Glad to see your doggy gran nanny is doing better!

Paws still khrossed fur her!

Wuv,

Khyra

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrr Sitka
I know how you feel about getting up early Harrrr. When I showed about every week we would have to get up early like 4am somtimes earler Harrrrr. Lisa the Mean would have to wake me up but i got to sleep in the car when we went so it wasent that bad Harrrr.
That looks like a huge tv by the way.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Bama said...

Happy Thanksgiving Grrls,
Woo are gonna really have a hard time getting the humans away from that talking box now! Since your Dawgs aren't trying to beat up our Gators this week, we all join in to say "Go Dawgs". We're really glad our Gators are beating the stuffing out of those stupid Seminoles.
Manykisses,
Bama & the RHP

Snowball said...

Sitka and Tia, Did your mum put up the christmas decoration this early so that you can take picture with it for christmas?

I can't wait to see the pictures.

Luv,
Snowball

The Daily Echo said...

Cool! They bought a box! Boxes are great. Getting up that early to buy a box is puzzling to say the least. Sitka, don't even attempt to figure humans out!
ECHO

IndyPindy said...

Those crazy humans, getting up in the dark to buy things! How dare they disturb your sleep? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

The Brat Pack said...

Mom's jealous of your new TV! Can't wait to see your tree. Ours is up but there's no decorations yet.

Bear

Kapp pack said...

I totally agree with you on the up early thing. Mom had us up at 3:30AM on Friday morning. Check out our blog to see what the little biped had to say about it and my contribution to our Christmas tree.

WOo woo, Kelsey Ann

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow...I bet Animal Planet is gonna look great on that TV!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh.. That sure is a very big TV
I can't wait to see your xmas tree all set up.
Will you be helping to put up the decorations?

~ Girl girl

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh my gosh, your mom and dad were out there in all those crowds of people? How brave they are.

I'm glad you and Tia checked out this box before it was opened. Did you'all get to watch something fun on it?
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

The Army of Four said...

I LOVE the picture of Tia sitting on top of the open box! Ha ROOO! So elegant!
We don't let our bipeds out of the house that early except to take us outside. And it's Zim's job to make sure Mom sees the beautiful sky at 3 or 330. It's part of his job. Ha roo roo roo!
Tail wags,
Storm

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Tia,
I see that you like to sit in boxes. Me too!! I love to curl up in any boxes that Mom or Dad get in the mail. Mom says it's like everything that's delivered has something for me.

Wilbur

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

That sounds like an interesting morning you had!

Love
Boy n Baby