Monday, December 31, 2007

Apple Cake for New Year's Eve

Wooo Pups, Girl Girl, & Wilber

You all know that I enjoy cooking in the kitchen with mom, right? Well, yesterday we decided to cook a little New Year's Eve cake to enjoy tonight with our friends at the Dogs With Blogs Chat and also for my friends who don't attend that party. Hey there is more than enough to go around.

Now, let me back up two steps and tell you a big reason as to why we are making this. See my mom's best friend gave her a cool Christmas gift... a New Bundt Cake Pan. But it is not your everyday ordinary Bundt Cake Pan, it is handmade from pottery. It is beautiful!!! Mom loves how it is a bit quirky and is not a perfect circle. It is more in the shape of an egg. And the colors of the pan match our kitchen perfectly!!! Now, the other thing is that mom's friend gave her two yummy-licious recipes. One is for an Apple Cake (which is resembles a coffee crumb cake in texture and goes great with Coffee!!!) and the other is for a Triple Chocolate cake (which I can't have). Mom decided on the Apple so we can share with all of the pups out there since Chocolate is on the no no list.

So, let's get baking, shall we. Now, keep in mind... if you are drooling on your keyboard throughout these photos, then you need the recipe. Just leave me a comment with your pee-mail and I will send you the recipe.

First, you mix together the flour, sugar, eggs, & vanilla...

Once you do that, you add salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon...

Once you mix all of that together, you get something that looks like a firm dough. It kinda looks like crumbs... Mom was really worried that you needed liquid or something, but she stuck to the recipe.

Finally, you add the freshly cut apples and nuts (those are optional) and mix them in. Mom had to use her hands, because it was not a liquidy cake batter.

Oh, there is one more step. You have to put the above into the Bundt Pan! Mom again had to use her fingers to scoop up the batter and place it into the pan.

After I woke from a nap, here is what we have. Mom called me in for a look on my culinary talents.

So, when do I get to taste mom??? I asked her with pleading eyes. She emerged with a nice tasty piece for me to sample. YUMMMMMY! I approve. Good thing you did not add any water since the Apples created the moisture for you.

Let's take a look at the finished product on a plate ready to serve up to all of my friends! Don't worry, I have ice cream if you want some of that on your cake!


So, how did I do???? Do you totally have drool all over the keyboard yet??? It really is an easy recipe. So, if you want it, let me know and I will be glad to pass along. Oh, Zim (and Storm) cooked in the kitchen with their mom yesterday. Check it out!

I really feel blessed to have met you all this year. I look forward to making many more memories with each and every one of you in 2008!!!

Hugs - Sitka (and Tia sends her meows!)

15 comments:

The Daily Echo said...

Mom says she definately wants that recipe! She'll send you her email address. Sitka that looks so yummy and you know cake is my thing!
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Oh, ha ROO! Sitka, that looks heavenly! And so do you! (ha roo roo roo!) Mom loves your new bundt pan; she's a pottery nut!
We'd LOVE to have your recipe! Please!
Play bows and ha rooos,
Zim

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh Sitka that looks yummilicious!!! Woot! Can we have the recipe too!!! Mom would love to make me some!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Kapp pack said...

Please send us that recipe!!!! We want our mom to try it! Happy New Year to all of your family.

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

kapppack@gmail.com

Maggie & Mitch said...

OMG does that ever look yummy! We would love to have the recipe too please and we'll have 2 scoops of ice cream on our piece of cake - pretty please!
Happy new year!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Holly said...

Wow, that looks sooo yummy!! My mom has an apple cake recipe too, and is going to make it for us tonight too!!

Enjoy! And Happy New Year!!

Holly

The Brat Pack said...

We definitely want that recipe! Mom got a new oven for kitchen and as soon as it's installed we're expecting daily baking!

She said to tell you the bundt pan is really cool and pretty...much better than a plain one!

Love,
Bear

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sitka, you look like an excellent cook. Do you wear an apron and a chef's hat? That would be really cute. If you ever get bored and want to cook me something, I will come over and eat it. Woo!!

Steve

Balboa & Mommy said...

wow, that cake looks so yummy!!!! I'll be right over for some, hee hee

Happy New Year to you & your family

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Woo are such a great assistant -

Akhtually, I think WOO are REALLY the khook and your mom just watches woo!

Thanks fur being my friend and for letting your mom talk to my mom Monday evening!!

Wags and Wuv,

Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Sitka!
That cake looks delicious! I thing you need to post the recipe since I am seeing we all want it!
Sure your mom was happy having you there to supervise all the process!
Happy New Year to you and all your family!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Amber-Mae said...

Woh, the apple cake looks really good & healthy! I hope you & Tia got a piece each...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Jackson said...

Yes, I'm drooling aplenty here! J x

sharkgila said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe in the later post. My mommy is going to try to make these, she has just recently started to take an interest in baking. I'll try to keep my eye on her.

Wooo,
Togo

Comet and BLU said...

Sitka, that cake looks yummy. Thanks for the recipe, but we know our girl will never make it because she can't bake. Maybe you can come help her. You did such a great job helping your mom.