Monday, December 17, 2007

Chilly Weather

WOOO Pups, Wilber, & Girl Girl....

Guess what????? It is finally cold here in Georgia!! Woo Hoo! Yesterday, the high got to 45F (7C). Last night, it was 26F (-3C). Today, I think the high is supposed to get to 55F (12C), but it may not make it there. Tonight, it is going to be 23F (-5). Can you believe it?

Well, mom is home from work all this week AND next week, so after she did what she had to this morning, I told her the afternoon was going to be MY time. So, she put me on my 15 foot leash and out to the backyard we go. So, you may ask yourself why do I get put on a leash when I go in my backyard. Well, I have SELECTIVE HEARING and it is really bad when the temp is under 60F (15C) outside. Mom will call and call and call and the cows MAY come home before I decide to trot back to the porch. So, the 15 foot leash helps her catch me when it is time for me to come inside.

So, anyroo! Mom and I went out in the back yard. I was hoping to get a glance at my neighbordogs. They are rat terriers named Rosco and Mayebell. They are SOOO fun to play with and Rosco will bark and bark at me and I LOVE the attention. While I was outside, I was looking for them. Check out some of these photos....

Here I am running toward the lower end of the yard to look for Rosco and Mayebelle.

Gazing into their backyard....

Oh mom... I did not see them. I guess they are inside where it is warm! But, I am going to keep looking.

Well, that was fun. I think that I am going to settle in for a short nap, then go play outside again!! I hope everyone is having a great day!!! I need to pow-wow with Dad. Mom's birthday is on Friday, so, I need to plan something extra special for her!!!

Hugs,

21 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

You have fun in the cold...I'll stay nice and warm inside - hee hee hee. My Mom is off for two weeks starting next week!!!

I'm so excitered!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

P(ee)S- oh, I think your mom might like a nice big rawhide bone for her barkday. Maybe she'd share it with you too???

The Army of Four said...

Wowzers, Sitka! You look so bee-roo-tiful! I wish I could come zoom around the yard with you!
I'm glad the vid of me and Stormy made you and your mama smile! I'm allowed to play a little now and it's GREAT! Mom still doesn't want Dave to grab me and throw me down (our favorite game!); I don't know why not!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Rooo... Dave has that SEEEE-lective hearing condition, too. Even in the house. The rest of us only have it outside. Storm said Sibe ears close when we step outside; Stormy's really SMART!

Tucker said...

Looks like a nice yard for running! Did Tia get to go out?

Asta said...

Hi Sitka
I get all enewgised in the cols too..I'd suwe love to play with you in youw yawd....my mommi undewstands about the leash hehehe I have to be bwibed to come out of the wun usually
I hope youw Mom has the best Birfday evew!! I'm suwe you'll plan something wondewful!
smoochie kisses
Asta

The Daily Echo said...

Selective hearing...hmmmm....I've heard that mentioned around here too. Oh Sitka! You MUST bake your Mom a CAKE for her birthday! Cake is the best!
ECHO

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

WOW! Woo have a khoolbutt yard!

Lukhky woo!


The weather has me energized to the point that it took my hu-mom's hu-mom and her bf twenty minutes to khatch me IN THE HOUSE so they khould put me in the khrate before they left - my dear sweet doggy nanny told my hu-mom I was a brat - IMAGINE THAT?!? My hu-mom told her friend and he said he had the image of A Three Stooges sketch in his head!

Glad woo had a good day - make sure her birfday inkhludes a good pawty!

Wuv,

Khyra

sharkgila said...

That's a nice big yard you have there. Have fun with the cold!

Wooo,
Togo

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, Sitka, you look like you are having tons of fun! Does your mom say that you get frisky when it gets cool? That's what my mom always says.

Kat

Randi said...

Hi Sitka!

You look so happy out in the cold! I love to cold too..but I still prefer to lay in the sun coming through the window...

Love & Licks,
Randi

Comet and BLU said...

We're glad YOU like the cold. You can have ours too. Sorry your pals weren't outside to bark at. Maybe tomorrow.
Comet and BLU

Joe Stains said...

I hate the cold! you guys keep it ok! What are you doing for your Mom??

Kapp pack said...

I would love to do zoomies with you! Just be glad you don't have any of the icky ice we got!

Puppy slurps, Canyon

Holly said...

I'm so happy you are finally getting some cold weather! Now, if only we could get you some snow some how.

Holly

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, that means it's going to snow soon! I wish my country was cold too. It's too hot all the time!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Deefor said...

Hi
We got a wonderful card from you. Thanks! You have a fun yard. I like the cold and snow too. 'Cept when it gets all lumpy on my feet. I know what you mean about Selective Hearing! Ha Ha

Deefor

Snowball said...

I wouldn't have guessed that its cold over there cos we dun see snow! Do you get to run in snow like many of the other doggies?

Luv,
Snowball

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh the weather sure is weird at your side Sitka. It looks fun to zoom in your yard.
Keep warm

~ Girl girl

Lacy said...

woofies Sitka and Tia!!!! me has to b on a lead too, me cant hear good and me wood run and run and run...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Harry said...

I bet you stay toasty warm even on colder days with your fur don't you?

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Bama said...

Howroo beawootiful! We've been lovin the cold here in Jax, too, but sure wish we could see some of the white stuff. Mom & dad said last time we got snow was Christmas day 1988! For Dog's sake that was back in biblical times or somethin wasn't it? This is just ridiculous that we can have all this lovely, perfect cold weather & the snow fairy STILL won't make an appearance! Who can we complain to? Do you think we should start a petition?
Christmas Kisses,
Bama & the RHP
PS, Happy Birthday, Sitka & Tia's mom!

Hammer said...

Hi Sitka
It's real good your mum loves you so much to take precautions coz you can't hear too well. I've been with my mum 1 year now and she's only now letting me off the lead coz I wasn't used to going out to dog parks and beaches. It's real hot over here in Aussieland. I like the cooler weather much better.
Love from Hammer