Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Barkday Mom!

Wooo Pups, Wilber, & Girl Girl. Guess what today is? It is my mom's barkday! So, you know what Birthday's mean, right? CAKE!

The best thing about cake is that I get to make it. Ok, so, I had a little help from mom (since Dad was at work), but I was the primary party in this operation.

Hey Ma, I have all my ingredients out, except the oil. Can you get that for me? I can't reach.



Ok, now, we need to mix up our ingredients. I thought it needed some flour! Mom told me that flour was not part of the recipe, but I did not believe her. I told her that this is my baking session and I will add whatever makes me happy.


Mom, we need to add the water

Mom, I think that my tongue and nose do a much better job at mixing in the ingredients. You know I don't like to get my paws dirty.


Mom, Did I do a good job mixing in everything? (Please note the mixture on my face).



Whew, that was alot of work. I then had to wait like FOREVER before that cake was ready. It doesn't take that long when mom makes cookies for me, so why did the darn cake take so long?

Whew! Finally. Here I am with a sampling a piece of this Carrot Cake. Believe me, Tia had some too. Please join me in Wooing Happy Barkday to mom!!! Happy Barkday to woo, Happy Barkday to woo, Happy Barkday dear Mom, Happy Barkday to woo! And many more!!!

I love you mom, and I hope you have a WONDERFUL Barkday today. Everypup, Wilber, & Girl Girl - come on over. There is cake and ice cream for everyone!!! Oh, today is also Eva's Barkday. How cool that she and my mom share the same special day!


Love,
Sitka (& Tia)

27 comments:

Harry said...

Happy birthday to your mum! That cake looks pawsome!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Snowball said...

Happy Birthday to you, Sitka's Mummy. May you remain young and beautiful always!

Sitka, you are a pawsome dogter to your mum. The cake looks delicious.

Luv,
Snowball

Ruby Bleu said...

Happy Barkday Sitka & Tia's Mom - W00t!!!

I hope you have a great day and Sitka, anytime you want to make me a cake I would love it!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sharkgila said...

Happy Birthday Sitka's Mommy!

Sitka, you're so good at cake-making. You should hold some cake-making classes for us doggies.

WOoo,
Togo

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

YUM!

Kharrot Khake!!

I'll grab the Xterra keys and be there to PAWTY!!!

My Xterra is even kharrot kholoured!!!!

Happy Birfday MissShelli!!!!!

Wuv,

Khyra

Faya said...

Happy Birthday Madame Sitka's Mom... Kisses from Switzerland, Faya

Turbo the Sibe said...

Happy Barkhday to your Mom! I will send her some snow!

The Daily Echo said...

What a wonderful cake! Baked with love. Sitka I think Santa Paws needs to bring you a chef's hat. And we love how you lovingly tested the ingredients to be sure they were okay to add.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SITKA AND TIA'S MOM!!!
ECHO

The Brat Pack said...

Happy Birthday, Shelli!! We all hope you have a wonderful day - you truly deserve it!!

Love,
Maryann & The Brats

Ferndoggle said...

Happy Barkday Sitka's Mom!! WoooWooo to you.

I like to eat flour too!

Lola

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Happy Birfday to yur mom! Sitka, you'll get the hang of baking. Practice makes perfect! Our family loves carrot cake.
-Cosmos & Juneau-

IndyPindy said...

Happy birthday to your mom! How fun that you got to help make the cake!

I do think she's a little odd for wanting you to play in flour and get messy. My humans are always trying to STOP me from getting messy!

Maggie & Mitch said...

Happy birthday to Sitka's mom! We'll be right over! yummmmmmmm

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

What a great job making the cake!! Moms are kind of weird though because when we want to get messy they don't like it but then out of nowhere, they want us to get messy. Makes no sense to me. Did your mom get lots of presents? Happy Birthday Sitka's mom!!

Steve and Kat

The Husky in the Window said...

Happy Birthday Sitka's Mom!

And Sitka with this cake baking. Moms says you are amazing in the kitchen. Your cake looked so good!

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Comet and BLU said...

Sitka, you are such a good pastry chef! Comet would have added "water" a different way - the same way he waters the trees, and bushes, and drapes. The cake looked yummy. We hope your mom had the best barkday ever!
Comet and BLU

Lacy said...

woofies Sitka and Tia, happy happy barkday to ur mama....and sitka dat wuz sooo nice of u to makies her a cake...me shure it wuz verwy verwy good.....

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Ivy said...

hurray for sitka the excellent cake baker! hurray for your mom who gets funnier wif every year! hurray for cake!

p.s. i totally dont blame you for eating the flour. i dont know wut humans are thinking wen they decide to play wif food rather than eat it. good thing they haf dogs around to teach them the rite way to do things!

luv ivy

Amber-Mae said...

Happee Birthday to your mom! Wow, you really did a good job mixing up the batter.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

The Army of Four said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROO!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROO!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SITKA AND TIA'S MOMMMMMMMAAAAAAA,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROOOOOOO!

Tons of love from ALL of us!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Sitka, you look so totally adorable with flour on your snooter!

PPS: Your mom doesn't look a day over 3!

ilovepearly said...

Eating as you help bake.. nice!
Happy birthday to your mom!

Maddox said...

Hi Sitka and Tia, it is Maddox and Shelby--thank you for inviting us! That cake looks divine!

Kapp pack said...

How awesome of you to make a cake for your mom. We hope she had a very happy birthday!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Marvin - Braveheart Hound said...

Happy Barkday to your Mama, Sitka!

A day after my own Pa's barkday!

and I loved your pictures and video, so funny. You did not want to get your paws dirty!!!!!!

love and birthday licks, to Mama xxxxxx

Marvin xxxxxx

Izzie said...

Happy Barkday to your mama. And Merry Christmas to all of you. I have a special prize for you at Izzie's World!

sharkgila said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Sitka Mommy!

WOooo,
Togo