Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Zimmie

Wooooo Everyone.... Well, we are already bringing in 2008 on the right paw!!! Ha rooo (Amber, I hope you liked that.) Grab a piece of Apple Cake and help me celebrate a special event today. It is my Zim's 8th Birthday. I sure hope he has a great and blessed day with his brother, sisters, mom & dad. He is such a special red-head to me and I wish him 8 more years (at least)!


Oh, I almost forgot, per Lorenza's request, here is the recipe for my mom's Apple Cake (you can see step by step picture cooking instructions here):

Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups of self rising flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups chopped apples (chopped in medium-small chunks, not diced)
¾ cup chopped nuts (optional)

Using blender – cream first four ingredients (eggs, sugar, vanilla, flour). Add dry ingredients and stir well. The mixture is going to be very stiff – You will think you need to add water or something… but trust me - don't (the apples will create the moisture for you). Mix in apples and nuts (Mom had to do this with her hands). Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan (again, she used her hands to put the mixture into the pan and press it down) at 325 degrees for 1 ½ hour

So, get your human up and get her/him in the kitchen to make you an Apple Cake!!!

Happy Birthday my Zimmie! I hope you have a great day AND get your very own Cup of Joe!
Hugs,
Sitka (Tia says Happy Meow as well)

26 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Ha ROOOOOOOOO! Thank you, Sitka! Wowzers, do I feel honored! It's bound to be a great day - I think our high temp is going to be 20, so I can go reinforce what's left of my cool snow fort! COOL!
Ooooh, and maybe Mom and I could make your Apple Cake. That sounds sooooo yummy!
Hugs, ha roo roo roos and play bows,
Zimmie

PS: Ammy loved your "bringing in 2008 on the right paw"!!!

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh, I need to go wish Zimmie a happy barkday. That's for reminding me Sitka and it was great chatting with you and Tia last night!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

What a special salute to a handsome red head!

Hmmmm - some apples are red too!!

Hope all of woo have a great day getting your bipeds to keep those resolutions of MORE PETTING OF THE PUPS MORE PETTING OF THE PUPS!!!

Wags and Wuv,

Khyra

PeeEss - okay, only for Tia MORE CHASING OF THE KHATS MORE CHASING OF THE KHATS! The verdikht is still out on Wilbur's trustworthiness!

Jake of Florida said...

Good morning, Sitka!!!

We just ran over to wish Zimmie a happy barkday. Actually, we share the day 'cause it's my barkday too: I'm six today.

We loved chatting with you last night -- and hearing about that apple cake. It looks delicious -- and Mom said she'd try to make it for us.

Lots of wirey love to you all -- Tia too, no matter what we said last night!

Maggie & Mitch said...

Thanks for letting us know about Zimmie and thank you for the recipe for your apple cake! OMG, I can't wait to have mom make it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Jackson said...

Thanks for sharing your pawsome recipe! Happy New Year to you and your family...J x

Lorenza said...

Hi, Sitka!
Happy Birthday to Zimmie!
And thanks for the recipe. My grandma is going to love it!
Have a great day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Snowball said...

That cake looks delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe. We will try it out one day.

Luv,
Snowball

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrr Sitka
Yer cake looks so good Harrrrr. maby i can get Lisa the Mean to Make it Harrrr
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I can't believe Zim is 8! It seems like only a year or so ago when we first met him...

Steve

Joe Stains said...

Happy New Year! It was nice to meet you this year!

Sophie Brador said...

Sitka, Funny how my mom just happens to have some apples kicking around too. Better get her baking.

xo
SB

Holly said...

Thanks for the recipe!! It looks very yummy!

Holly

Amber-Mae said...

Happee Barkday to Zimmie! The ingredients sound great! Maybe I;ll ask my mommy to make an apple cake for us too.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Frasier said...

Hi Sitka
That sounds yum!
Frasier

Ferndoggle said...

Wooooooo! Happy Barkday Zimmie! Apple cake for Everypup (Mom, gets to bakin'!)

Sherman

Kapp pack said...

Can't wait to try the recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Simba said...

I will try to get my human in the kitchen, but I won't hold my breath.

Simba xx

Marvin - Braveheart Hound said...

oh the recipe sounds just adorable, I will get Jeannie to give it a go!

Happy New Year!

love and licks from Marvin in Snowfilled Scotland Yay!

ddddddd

Asta said...

Sitka and Tia
I hope you and youw family have a vewy happy and healthy New Yeaw!!
Thank you fow that wecipe..it sounds delish!!!!!!
I hope Zimmie had a gweat Birfday!
smoochie kisses
Asta

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe. The ingredients itself is making us drool..hehe

Love
Boy n Baby

PS. We have send you a parcel for Christmas and now that we didnt hear from you, we think it has got lost in the mail again..sigh

Katie said...

that cake recipe looks great. we are going to make that here!

Bama said...

Yum! We're puttin mom right on it!
Thanks grrrls!
New Year kisses,
Bama & the RHp

Randi said...

MMMMMMM..yummy recipe..I wonder if I can order that for dinner tonight...?

Love & Licks,
Randi

Barlow Putz said...

hey, this is unbelievable...terrier watches dog whisperer...honest, no bull...barlowbark.blogspot.com, two, i said two pictures of th e event..unmistakeable evidence

The Army of Four said...

Ha roo, Sitka and Tia! We've given you an award! Stop by the blog for details!
Tail wags,
Storm