Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tia Update - Day 4 - Photos and Video

If you have not read, click HERE to see her blood work results from earlier today - Day 4 :)

I really want to thank everyone for your kind comments that you all have been leaving on my blog. It is such a comfort to read your words from those I have met, and those that I am meeting now for the first time. It means alot that you take time out of your day to come check on my little girl.

I just got home from my evening hour visit with Tia. She spend the majority of the visit purring, giving me nose kisses, rolling on the new "home smelling" blanket that I brought for her, and showing me her flexibility while she was taking a bath.

The Doc said that he had to take our her IV as it got blocked. So, her poofy foot is going down nicely. He said he had to give her fluids by a big shot today :( He said he would run another line in her other paw for tonight and the rest of her stay. He said that he is a bit cautious with her having thrown up this morning, but the fact that her levels are coming down, he is going to test her tomorrow evening with some solid food. If all goes well, he COULD discharge her on THURSDAY! Oh my goodness, I looked to my husband when he walked out of the room to make sure I understood correctly. I am not going to get all excited because I don't want to get my hopes up if she can't come home on Thursday, but that won't stop me from hoping. The sucky thing is his office is closed on Thursday (yet he will still make his morning and evening rounds), so if she does not come home on Thursday, the chances that I get to see her are unlikely.

I finally remembered to take my camera with me today rather than using my cell phone camera. So I want to share some photos of Tia and two videos of her that I took this afternoon. She is looking very good - a million times better than she looked on Saturday when we took her to the vets office. So, that is such a relief. I am just ready for her to be home. I do feel blessed that I found such a great vet. He really believes that visitations from family really help the animal heal - physically and emotionally. I agree. I feel it is the same with humans. He does not mind that I come and hang for an hour or two, and that pleases me. I know all of the other animals in there now and I talk to them as well (of course I give my baby the most attention). Ok, without further adieu...


This first video shows her "trying to escape" from her home away from home.

This next video just shows her fixated on washing the sticky off her fur from where the IV line was.

Hope you all enjoyed these photos of Tia. She looks happy (or as happy as she can be given the circumstances). Please continue to keep us in your thoughts as we continue the road to recovery - AND HOME!

Hugs - Shelli & Sitka

26 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Ha roooo rooooo ROOOOO

Look at you!

You are looking Tia-riffikh!!

GET BETTER!!!

Wags&Wuv,
Khyra
PeeEss: I'm sure Sitka REALLY misses WOO

The Daily Echo said...

Oh she looks SO much better! That's a huge relief. She's on the road to recovery.
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Tia! Oh, Sitka, her eyes look SO much brighter! Was your scent on the blanket? I'll bet that made her feel better!
We're so glad her bloodwork is improving! All prayers continue!
Lots of love and ha roo roo roos!
OH! And Storm said to say "Mrrrrow! mmmmmmrrrrow!" to Tia for us!
Play bows,
Your Zimmie

Hammer said...

Hi Shelli and Sitka
We are so pleased that Tia might be able to come home on Thursday. Tia's eyes look really bright in the photos and videos. Do what mum does and plead with the vet to visit Tia on Thursday, and maybe he'll let Tia come with your mum. It's good the vet does realise how very important our pawrents are to us.
Love from Hammer

Snowball said...

I am so glad to see Tia recovering so well. I will continue to send her positive vibes. I am looking foeward to see updates on her being home again.

Take care!

Luv
Snowball

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Thank you for the lovely pictures of my gal Tia and the videos. I'm confused because Tia's voice sounds like a guy, but maybe she just has a sexy deep voice when speaking Human. Tia is looking gorgeous as always. That frog toy looks like Steve's toy. Steve calls his "Peter". Kat has a teddy bear from the same company named "Rupert". Does Tia have the bear too? (Oh, those are the names that Steve and Kat gave them, not from the company.)

Wilbur

Kapp pack said...

Paws crossed that Tia comes home soon....is Sitka lost without her???

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Asta said...

OhhhIt was so good to see Tia..she looks so lovely, and pwetty happy considewing she's at the hopsital..I think she's going to be fine in no time!! I'm pwaying and thinking of hew all the time!!! I bet the blankie and the visits fwom Mom and Dad help lots..I hope Sitka isn't so sad anymowe..
I'll check again tomowwow
smoochie kisses,Asta

Holly said...

Way to go Tia!! I'm so glad you are doing better! Now lets keep that dinner down tomorrow so you can go home!!!

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Comet and BLU said...

We are glad that Tia's bloodwork is showing progress. We hope she continues to improve and can go home on Thursday. She looks like she is ready to be home with Sitka and the family.
Comet and BLU

cyber-sibes said...

We're still keeping paws crossed she gets to come home soon. She looks so much better!

wooos & a-roos,
Star & Jack

The Brat Pack said...

She looks wonderful! Her eyes are so bright, this is great to see. :)

We're crossing all our fingers and paws that she comes home early. She's so lucky she has parents that love her so much.

M & The Brats

Lorenza said...

Sure Tia looks much better. I guess she wants to be home as well!
I hope it can be soon!
Paws crossed!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ben_Benjamin said...

Glad to know Tia is recovering now....she is a good gal.

Amber-Mae said...

Well, Tia looks she;'s much happier & ready to go home, NOW!

Love licks,
Slid Gold Dancer

Lacy said...

woofies Shelli and Sitka...Tia lookies sooo much better....heehee dat one video she wants outta there bad...will keep her in me thots and prayers that her recovers quickly....

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Harry said...

Lovely to see you looking so much perkier Tia! We have everything crossed that you'll be allowed home tomorrow!

Toodle pip
Harry x

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

We are so happy that Tia is getting better. We will be thinking of her and we hope she can go home soon.

Love
Boy n Baby

Simba said...

She looks really fed up. I hope she is home soon.

Simba xx

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Tia.. good to see you're better. You look thinner now. Get well soon so you can go back and snack on the treats ok

~ Girl girl

Maggie & Mitch said...

Tia looks pretty happy to have her mommy hanging out with her at her home-away-from home! We're crossing our paws that Thursday is the day!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sophie Brador said...

All paws crossed! I sure hope she gets to come home on Thursday. Smoochies to Tia and Sitka. We're thinking about you guys.

xo
SB

Mack said...

She doesn't look sick at all!!
She just wants to get out of there!

Got my paws crossed tomorrow is her go home day!

Ya Hoooo!!

Riley & Tiki said...

We are so glad she is doing better! We are still purring for her! Purrrrrrrrrr Purrrrrrrrrr Purrrrrrrrrr Purrrrrrrrrr Purrrrrrrrrr Purrrrrrrrrr Purrrrrrrrrr Purrrrrrrrrr

Ferndoggle said...

Wow Tia! Your Mom must be so relieved your feeling better. We're super happy too!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Jan said...

We're glad she's doing so much better and we've crossed all our paws that she gets to come home tomorrow. WE know you miss her.

jans funny farm