Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tia Update - Day 4

UPDATE at 12:47 pm: I just spoke with the vet. He ran a mini-blood work on her this morning. Her Lipacytes (Lipas) have dropped significantly!! The normal range is 100-1400. She came in on Saturday and they were 1865. Today, they are 1538. So we are heading in the right direction. Her Glucose has dropped too. Normal range is 71-159 and on Saturday she was 196. Today, she is at 80. WOO HOO! He said this shows that we are progressing in the right way.

Regarding the yellow vomit. It is bile and it happens when you have an empty stomach. He is going to give her Metoclopramide. I googled it and here is what one website says: "Metoclopramide increases muscle contractions in upper digestive tract. This speeds up the rate at which the stomach empties into the intestines. Metoclopramide is used short-term to treat heartburn caused by gastroesophageal reflux in people who have used other medications without relief of symptoms. Metoclopramide is also used to treat slow gastric emptying in people with diabetes (also called diabetic gastroparesis), which can cause nausea, vomiting, heartburn, loss of appetite, and a feeling of fullness after meals." So, this should help ease her tummy since she does not have any food on it. Also, maybe will help her little drool that she has going on.

I questioned the fact that the room is warmer than what we keep our house set at and asked if that would affect her system. He said that her body will adjust to the environment that she is in, so that would not be a factor. Makes sense, but I wanted to ask.I leave work at 2, but need to go check in on Sitka. Then, I will go over and visit her before they close at 6 tonight.

We are heading on the right road to recovery. Keep the positive thoughts coming and that MAGIC SIBE MAL MIND MELD Coming!!!!

Good Morning (9:17am)...

I went and visited with Tia for about 25-30 min this morning. She was very alert and very vocal! I am sure she was telling me she was ready to leave and that she was over that place. She had thrown up once over the night. It was yellowish. There was just one place and it was dry, so it had to have happened late last night or very early this morning. The Doc was not in yet, so I asked that he call me and let me know how she is doing from his point of view and why she may have gotten sick. I hope this little spit up is not some sort of set back. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed!!! I will update once I have spoken to the vet!

Shelli

13 comments:

Snowball said...

I am having paws ceossed for Tia too. Will check back often for new updates. Take care!

Luv,
Snowball

Mack said...

I bet Tia really wants to come home. Sitka, I know you really want her home too!
Thanks for giving us updates on sweet Tia. My kitty sister, Ming is mean, but I bet Tia is a lot nicer than her!

Sending Prayers & kissses,
Mack

The Army of Four said...

Continued good wishes for Tia! Maybe it's just the stress of being there that made her do a wee bit of horka! She wants to go HOME!
Play bows and prayers,
Zimmie

The Husky in the Window said...

We keep checking for the updates as we are so worried about Tia. Keep us informed. Gald she is doing better. I bet Sitka wants her home too!

Husky Hugs to all. MayaMarie

Marley said...

All paws crossed for our girl Tia! We know she'll be a-OK! She probably threw up because she was trying to tell you that she was *literally* SICK of that place, and wants to come home with Mom!

Marls

The Daily Echo said...

We're still sending Vibes her way and she's in our thoughts every minute. If she's talking (woo - that could be yelling!) that's a good sign. She might toss up a fur ball in your favorite shoes when she gets home you know!
ECHO

Maggie & Mitch said...

Poor Tia! She must be sick to death of this place by now! We're sending more AireZen! We want her home!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lady Kaos said...

I never check blogs this early in the day, but I just had to come check on Tia. I'm glad she's doing better. We'll keep fingers and paws crossed and keep sending good vibes and chaotic hugs. It's great your vert lets you go visit so often, I bet that makes her feel lots better, too.
Kaos

Jan said...

We are so glad Tia is doing better. We've all got our paws crossed for her.

jans funny farm

Cassidy said...

Good girl Tia, you be getting better no me hopes. Soon you be back home with mummy, daddy and Sitka!

NIbbles
Cassidy x

The Brat Pack said...

Yay! We're so happy to hear her numbers are headed in the right direction! I bet she's soooo ready to come home!

Love,
Tucker-Doodle

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Oh my, we just read about what Tia is going thru. We are sending Tia lots of get well Sibe vibes. We don't know about kitties getting pancreatitis. But our mommy told us how daddy was so sick wif it a long, long time ago. He wasn't allowed to eat until his levels came down & was only on IVs. That was a scary time fur our mommy.
Give her a hug for us,
-Cosmos & Juneau-

Lacy said...

woofies Sitka and all...dats good new Tia is gettin better....dats how u can tell she gettin better, her wants to come home NOW...still got her in me thots and prayers...Come home sooon, Tia.....

b safe,
;)lacylulu