Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tia Update - Day 5

Update 9:30PM - Sorry for waiting to late to post today. I just got home from teaching 5 hours of Tap and Jazz Dance Classes. I was not able to go see Tia this afternoon, but my husband did. He spend an hour or so with her and she spent most of the time wanting a belly rub :) Here is what he told me: The Vet tried her on wet food earlier today. She turned her nose up at it (I guess due to the lack of carrots, lol). He then tried her on dry food, and didn't think she would eat that at first at either. But she did! He stopped back by to look at her half an hour after he first put the food down and she had almost cleaned her bowl. She also drank some water and is off IV fluids. He actually considered discharging her this evening, but decided that he needed to see if she kept the food down. (Hubby went around 4 this afternoon to see her.) If all goes well tonight, she should be discharged sometime tomorrow with a special diet to follow! She will have to go back in a week to have bloodwork done to check her levels.

So, this sounds promising. I am not going to get all excited because if she can't come home tomorrow I don't want to get my hopes up... but I AM THINKING POSITIVE :)

11:22 AM - Well, I don't really have much to update this morning with regards to Tia. I visited with her for about 30 min this morning with the hubby. Doc was not in yet. Was told he would give me a ring when he got in after he examined her.

She did make a poo over night. I guess it was in her system since Sat morning and finally worked its way out. At least it was solid and not runny :) I will know more when the Doc calls, but just wanted to tell you all she is looking good. He did give her fluids last night via shot instead of an IV. The Tech said this morning that he wasn't going to make her mad by running the IV line, LOL! My baby is keeping everyone on their toes. Oh, the Tech told me that everytime she walked into the animal area yesterday, Tia popped right up and looked at her, meowed as if to say, you are not my mama, now where is she!

It sounds positive to me that she is getting up everytime someone walks into a room rather than laying there. As always, thank you all for your vibes :) They really are helping. I will update when I know more :)

P.S. I posted some photos and videos of her last night. Scroll down if you have not seen those. Oh, several people have asked if Sitka misses Tia. Oh she does. She runs around the house looking for her. I just have to lay on the floor when I get home from visiting Tia to let Sitka smell her scent!

28 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

That is such great news!!! We pups have the power. Please give Sitka a special lick and booty scratch from me...I know she's probably lonely!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Ferndoggle said...

Dontcha love how we get so excited about poop! We're glad she continues to improve...and we're sending cyber hugs to Sitka!

Sherman, Penny & LOla

The Brat Pack said...

Woohoo, poop! Only us loony animal people understand. ;)

It sounds like she's ready to come home...we hope she tries to eat some of the solid food today. She's got to be starving.

Maryann

The Daily Echo said...

That's sounding very good! It's a great sign that her system is working again, and that she's feeling strong enough to send the message that she's looking for you.
ECHO

Snowball said...

Thank you for the update, Shelli. We are very glad that Tia has pooped.

I believe Sitka will get to see Tia soon.

Luv,
Snowball

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Woo Hoo!

It is looking better and better for Miss Tia and Missy Miss Sitka!!

Ha roooo roooo ROOOO!

Wags&Wuv,
Khyra

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

We are so glad that she is showing improvements day by day. Hope she can go home real soon!
-Cosmos & Juneau-

The Brat Pack said...

Just checking in. Wondering if he'll let you try to feed her...she might be more apt to eat from you than a stranger. :)

Me

Mack said...

Poor Sitka! I think it is so great you like cats! My mom wished I were more like you Sitka!!

Keep your chin up girl; sounds like Tia will be home real soon!
Sugars,
Mack

Tasha & Eva said...

Hey Shelli! So very relieved to here how well Tia is doing!! Solid poo can make us humans feel so good. Man, is that strange or what?!?! If she is popping up when someone walks in, that is a very good sign. We also feel sorry for Sitka missing her big sister so much. Hopefully Tia will be home soon! We're keeping our fingers and paws crossed for her quick return home. Best wishes and Belly Rubs, Tasha, Eva, Vicky, and Doug.

Asta said...

Ooh I'm so glad..this is sounding vewy positive...Tia has hew spiwit back! and a poo too! Yeah!!!
I tagged Sitka..I know you have othew things on youw mind wight now, but when you get awound to it, come by
smoochie kisses,Asta

The Brat Pack said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! SHE ATE!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! We're so excited to hear this!

Tucker-Doodle

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

WOO HOO!

Paws khrossed that tomorrow's post says

TIA IS HOME
TIA IS HOME
TIA IS HOME

Wags&Wuv,
Khyra

The Army of Four said...

This is SO exciting! We're so thrilled she ate and is off the IV and oh, are we praying she'll come HOME tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!
Hang in there, Sitka! Tia will be home SOON!!!!!!! :)
Play bows,
Zimmie

Holly said...

Wonderful news!!! Now lets hope she gets home tomorrow to her mom, dad and Sitka sister!!!! I'm sure she will be much happier there with all of you!

Hbbb

MoMo said...

So good to hear that Tia is getting better. I am sending lots of healing purrs over.

Lorenza said...

Sure those are better news! I can't wait for your next post telling us that Tia is at home.
Kisses and hugs to Sitka, mom and dad.
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

we have paws crossed and are sending lots and lots of healing vibes!

Comet and BLU said...

We are happy to hear that Tia ate some food. We hope she keeps it down and it comes out as poo. We are crossing our paws that she can come home tomorrow.
Comet and BLU

Snowball said...

I am keeping my paws crossed too. Be back to check for good news again later.

Luv,
Snowball

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Tia sounds good. Hope she can go home soon

~ Girl girl

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

This is great! Please update us again.

Love
Boy n Baby

Simba said...

I'm so glad she is getting better.

Simba x

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, you give dancing classes? I think my momym should restart her dancing lessons becoz it's good for her to lose weight! Oh yeah... That's very good news about Tia!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Kathryn and Ari said...

I'm so glad to hear Tia is improving! We've been thinking about you!

The Brat Pack said...

Thursday AM...any news yet? Don't you like how I don't have a real job so I can harass you all day?!?? ;)

M

The Husky in the Window said...

Really good news! We are all so glad Miss Tia is felling better.

We know you want her home, but the
doctor knows best, so we'll keep checking and sending good husky vibes.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Lady Kaos said...

This is great news! We're staying positive that she goes home,too, but we're still sending good vibes. When my cat brother was sick last summer he also refused to eat the wet food and would only eat the dry stuff. We'll be checking back for hopefully more good news.
Kaos & Hilary