Monday, January 28, 2008

Tia - Vet Update - Day 3

PM UPDATE (4pm): I just returned home from the vets office. I spent about an hour with Tia, just loving on her, talking to her, and giving belly rubs. She gave some major purr and tried to push past me to escape, hehehe! The Doc said she is looking good still. He said it may be Friday before she comes home :( He said he is going to try to push some solid food on her Wed and see how she does. So, we will just have to wait and see. I want my baby home with me, but I want her to get well on the same side of that. The plan now is, I will go again in the morning on my way to work and see her and give her some kisses. Keep all paws and fingers crossed.

Hey everyone...


After a long day yesterday and not getting to see my baby, we went this morning on the way to work to check in on her. She looks real good. It took her a minute or two to turn on the love. I wonder if she just needed to focus and see that it was me and not someone else. But once she did realize it was me, the PURR BOX TURNED ON! She was nudging my head; meowing at me. She smelled her frog that I took her and the blanket that we took as well. She seemed happy!!!
We stayed with her for about 10 minutes, then talked with the vet for a while. He said she was looking good. We understood from him that blood work would not be ran until either Wed of this week, or Saturday. He said "in a week", so to me that means this Saturday. He also hinted that he may start her on some solid food tomorrow and see how she does. She is going to the potty which is good (only pee, no poo). Her foot, where the IV is, is "fat". The Doc said he would give her something to help it go down. He said some animals just do that. Nothing wrong with her, just how her system reacts to it. She is still getting an antibiotic shot, just to be on the safe side.
When I leave work today, I will go home and love on Sitka, then head over to the vet and spend some more time with Tia. The vet told me I could come as often as I liked. He believes that being around those you love help you heal faster. I agree.

So, that is where we are at right now. From just her appearance, she is looking good, which makes me happy. It has been so hard not having her at home with us. Sitka spent most of the day yesterday walking through the house looking for her. She never whined, just searched. I told her that Tia was at the vet and she was coming home to us soon!

Thank you for your positive vibes and thoughts. Keep them coming ;)

Shelli (& Sitka)

28 comments:

The Brat Pack said...

That's great news that she seems better!!! That pic of her in the cage with her frog just breaks my heart. :(

We'll be checking in to hear how she was after your visit later. Fingers and paws are crossed.

M

Penny & Poppy said...

We are sending lots of healing Aire-zen for Tia. How awful to be at the V-E-T on your birthday! We'll have your party when you get home, Tia! Get well very soon!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

The Daily Echo said...

We're hoping that she can keep some food down where it belongs and her system starts to work again so that she can come home to recover. Once she gets home she'll feel so much better! We need to send our girl to recuperate with her. She and her horse had a disagreement on which way to go after a jump and she got dumped into a fence. She's getting the bump on her head checked today. Boo Hoo!
ECHO

Maggie & Mitch said...

We're so glad to hear that you're on the mend, Tia! Keep getting better and better! We want you home soon! Sitka misses you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Tasha & Eva said...

So glad to hear that Tia is feeling better. We have been thinking about her alot around here. Hope all the blood work comes out good and she can come home VERY soon! We'r saying prayers for her and sending her mind-meld kisses and hugs!! Belly Rubs, too, Tasha & Eva

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrr
Glad to hear that Tia is doing better Harrrr
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

Sophie Brador said...

I'm so happy Tia seems to be doing better. I still haven't read the earlier posts, but will do that now so that I know the whole story. Give Sitka a huge hug from me and Sophie. I'm sure she is very concerned about where Tia is.

Sophie is crossing her paws and hoping that one day, if she ever gets to Georgia, she'll get the chance to pick Tia up ... and then get swatted, of course.

Hang in there every dog and cat! Tia is coming home soon.

xo
SB

Simba said...

I hope she is home soon.

Simba xx

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Yippee!

Sitka should get her khytty home soon!!

Wags&Wuv,
Khyra

Crikit, Sparky & Ginger said...

Give Tia lots of love licks from us please. We will keep her in our prayers fur fast recovery so she can celebrate her meow day.

waggin TX tails not bark

The Zoo Crew said...

Just checking in to see how Tia is doing; sounds like she's better!

Tia--get well soon. And Sitka, hang in there!

Peace + Paws,

The Zoo Crew

Stormy, Thunder, JoJo and Bow said...

We are soo happy that Tia is getting better. The sibemal power is with you all for her to be home soon.

Sending woos and wuv

Lacy said...

woofies Shelli and Sitka...will the vet let sitka come fur a visit...mite help dem both iffin they no each other iz ok...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Lady Kaos said...

Poor Tia! When my cat brother got sick this summer, my mom was a mess. I don't know what she would have done if he had to stay at the vet. It broke my mom's heart that he wouldn't let her touch him and would hiss at her and would only let Dad touh him and hold him. We've got all our paws and fingers crossed here! We're sending good vibes and chaotic hugs (Mom said those always make her feel better)!
Kaos

The Army of Four said...

I know that it made Tia feel better to have her mom visit! We hope she continues to feel better and can come home SOON! Woo.
Luv,
Dave

Snowball said...

I will continue to pray for Tia. Get well soon, girl. Sitka and everyone else is waiting for you to get home again.

Luv,
Snowball

Shmoo said...

Happy thoughts for the kitty, and don't worry about the poofy foot, that happens some times. Tell her to use it to bat Sitka with it when she gets home.

Meeshka

Comet and BLU said...

We are glad to hear that Tia is doing better and hope she can hold down the solid food. Hopefully she will be home soon. We are sending positive thoughts your way. Give Sitka a big sloppy kiss from us.
Comet and BLU

Lorenza said...

I am so happy to hear that Tia is doing well. Sure she was so happy to see you there!
Paws crossed!
Kisses and hugs for you and Stika.
Lorenza

The Brat Pack said...

Hang in there...I enjoyed our conversation today. Thanks for letting me vent. ;) (You'll probably never call again, LOL!)

Give Sitka kisses from us...we're thinking about Tia.

M & The Brats

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

We are glad that Tia is getting better.

Get well soon! We want to have the party with you!

Love
Boy n Baby

Cassidy said...

Oh, me is sorry that poor Tia be sick. Poor girlie. Sounds like the vet be a good man. Me keeps paws crossed she be home very soon. Poor Sitka must be sad.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Tia, hope you get well soon. We're all missing you

~ Girl girl

Amber-Mae said...

That's just great news!!! I bet she misses you guys alot! I know she can't wait to get the hell out of there & go home!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Peanut said...

Oh that picture almost made us cry. We are so glad she is doing better and hope she comes home soon

Willie & Waylon said...

That is excellent news! Her homecoming should be soon!
We have you guys in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recvoery.

Many Sniffs,
Waylon & Willie & Mom

Ferndoggle said...

We hope Tia continues to get better. A visit from her Mom is the best medicine.

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Marvin - Braveheart Hound said...

Glad to hear the good news.

Please give Sitka and Tia special Marvin licks.

love and licks, Marvin xxxx