Saturday, February 9, 2008

Playing Catch Up...

Well as the title says - I am playing catch up. I have been tagged twice and given two awards... so that is what I want to blog about today.

Cap’n Maverick tagged me like 2 weeks ago to name my 5 favorite things under three different categories. So, here it goes....

Our fave 5 TV shows
1. Dirty Sexy Money
2. Big Shots
3. Heroes
4. Any Dog Show on the Animal Planet
5. Amazing Race

Our fave 5 Movies
1. Just Married
2. Oceans 11 (however it would be cool if it was Siberian’s 11)
3. The Devil wears Prada
4. Meet the Parents
5. Meet the Fockers

Our fave 5 words to say or things to hear
1. Wooo
2. Ha roo roo rooooooooo
3. Do you want to go ride???
4. Don’t put Tia’s head in your mouth! (Hey, I just want to give her loves!)
5. Do you want to go to Sonic?

The Army of Four also tagged us to tell our friends (and them) 7 weird facts about my sister and myself.
1. I can do the froggy doggy with any one of my paws, but can’t do all of them at once.
2. When I go outside to potty before my parents leave for work, I refuse to eat a treat. I will save it for when they return.
3. Tia LOVES to drag items throughout the house… mom’s panties & bras, blankets, my toys… she doesn’t discriminate.
4. I secretly love catnip! It smells SOOO good.
5. I love to pop tennis balls and Tia loves to carry them though the house
6. Usually between 2am-6am, Tia will sometimes bat mom and dad in the mouth to get them to get up, open the bedroom door, so she can go prowl.
7. Tia enjoys my crate way more than I do!

Wow! That sure was alot of thinking there. I would like to tag Steve, Kat, and Wilber on the 5 thing's game. I would like to tag Tia's new friend Sassy on the 7 weird things tag.

Moving right along to my two awards.... oh, OUR two awards.... First the Army of Four presented us with this E for Excellent award. They were told that the "award is given to bloggers who have wonderful outstanding styles and a fantastic ability to keep us thinking, amused and entertained." WOW! Thanks you 4 for including Tia and myself in such a pawsome and meowsome award!!!


Jan's Funny Farm presented Tia with a special award. It is called the Friend of a Woofie award. This is an award given to a kitty who has a woofie as a friend. Jan said, "If they let a woofie blog sometimes, posts information on woofie safety, or just love to cuddle with a woofie of their own," then that kitty needs this award. So, Tia's request was that her boyfriend Wilber be given this award. Thanks to Jan and her crew for giving this award to my big sister!

Well, I think that I am almost caught up here. I am checking in on all of your blogs, even though I am not posting a comment every time. Things have been crazy here with Tia being sick and the parents running around like crazy people! They are always complaining about work and being tired and just want to stay home. So, I say STAY HOME for the love of fur! But they have not listened to me yet. Oh well!

Well, hope you all have a lovely weekend! Hugs and Purrs, Sitka and Tia

P.S. Tia went back today for her checkup from being at the kitty hospital. She is doing very well except her potassium level is still at a 10 (normal range is 3.5-5.8) and her Lipacytes have gone back up to 1623 (normal range is 100-1400). She put on a little over a pound in a week. When she left the vets a week ago, she was 7 lbs, and now she is 8.9lbs! Woo Hoo! So doc said she comes back in 2 weeks unless she gets sick. She is still on her prescription food (and will be forever). She completed her medicine to help her tummy digest food easily... so, we are all keeping our paws that she continues to keep her food down without doing the horka horka dance... Because if she does, it is back to the vets with her fluffy butt! So, keep those good vibes coming her way (just on the safe side).

26 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

So glad to her Tia is doing better. Maybe you could think about leaving her head out of your mouth until her potassium levels are back to normal? That's probably an unreasonable request: lord knows Ari doesn't let a single day go by without making sure both cats have been partially swallowed at least once during the day!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Woo already know I'm sending good vibes to GA!

Glad to see I'm not the ONLY one behind in blogworld!!

I had my mom take khare of Ari's tagging me as IT -
NOW to address the other THREE awards!!!

So little time SO many things to blog *SIGH*

Sending ya'll some love!

Khyra

Peanut said...

Oh we hope Tia stays well and at home.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Sitka!
Paws crossed and good vibes for Tia! I hope she continues doing well at home!
Thanks for sharing those things about you two!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jan said...

We're glad Tia is doing better and hope she continues to do so.

Congrats on the awards.

jans funny farm

Faya said...

I am happy to read about Tia ! Take a good care of her OK ? Kisses, Faya

Amber-Mae said...

It's just great to hear that our bloggie friends are doing well. Here's me hoping that Tia has a long & healthy life!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Tucker said...

It's good that Tia can be a Friend of Woofie! Hope she gets even better! Hope you don't forget sometime and swallow her head!

Maggie & Mitch said...

Paws are crossed for Tia! Keep gaining, Tia!
You have very good self control to save that treat for all of those hours, Sitka! You're a better dog than we are!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Zoo Crew said...

So glad that Tia is doing better! It's just no fun having a sick friend!

Take care of yourself, Tia!

Peace + Paws,

The Zoo Crew

The Army of Four said...

That's so cool - we love that Woofie Award!
Still saying prayers for Tia! Always. ;)
Tail wags,
Storms

Kapp pack said...

Very intersting facts. We are glad that Tia is feeling much better!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Tia we are glad you are feeling better, and we are still sending good husky vibes to you. We just love the facts about you'all. You'all have an interesting household. So fun!
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Sassy Kat said...

Congrats on your award, well deserving. I like reading about your other tags cause it helps me get to know you better. I will have to think about what I am going to do with my seven things about myself and will post soon. Thanks.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh. I hope Tia is ok

~ Girl girl

The Daily Echo said...

We're very, very happy to hear that Tia had a good checkup. We loved all of your interesting lists. We pop tennis balls too.
ECHO

Amici said...

That is so neat that you have the will power to save a treat for later. Just thinking about it gives me the shakes! :P

I'm so glad Tia is back home and recovering with you and your humans by her side. She's lucky to have a great family like ya'll.

Keep getting better Tia!

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

Mom is so behind that she just today noticed your mom's comment on her own blog about her tattoo! wow, it's been about two months. bad blogger, mom! but we sure are glad that Tia is better. Sonic anyone?

Holly said...

Great tag answers!! And congrats on the awards too!

I'm so glad Tia is doing better! We will keep our SibeMal vibes coming her way!

Holly

Toffee said...

A very happy belated birthday to miss Tia. Wishing her many years of good health.

your pal,
Toffee

Jackson said...

Hey Sitka, glad to hear that Tia is feeling better. Is catnip really that good? J1 had a cat toy here that she was giving to a friend and I showed no interest in it whatsoever! I wish there was an equivalent for dogs! J x

sharkgila said...

Congrats on the awards. Those are some fun facts!

And really good to hear Tia is getting well.

Wooo,
Togo

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Sitka, Guess what! My grandma and grandpa are in their car, just outside of Atlanta this very second. They are going to see my cousin in Columbus.

xo
SB

Simba said...

Happy valentines day.

Lots of love Simba x

Sassy Kat said...

Happy Valentine's Day to ya all. Hope ya are having a fun day, come on over to Momo kittie for the Valentine Love Cruise. I haven't forgotten about the meme, just have been busy, will post it soon.

Murphey said...

Hey, I'm with Tia, I love to drag things out into the backyard. My personal favorite are my ladie's panties and bras, WHoo HOOO!

Murph