Monday, December 15, 2008

Tolerating the Puppy

Meow! How is every kitty, pup, and hamster? I tell ya what... putting up with this puppy can be hard work. I am constantly having to remind her what she is allowed to do and what she isn't allowed to do. Will she ever remember?

Well Mom is on her Christmas break, so I decided to come downstairs for a visit... a visit to see the puppy! I mean, I guess I have to admit that she is cute as a button. Don't ya think?

So I decided to humor her and see what she wanted to discuss.

Apparently Cornelia Marie had to whisper the message to me. OK, I will allow that. As long as she does not put my head in her mouth.

Well what do you know! She didn't put her mouth on my head. She was VERY sweet and well behaved. I could not believe it. So I took it upon myself to have a little play session with her. We batted each other with our paws (I did not extend my sharp claws) through the banister ... Oh, I did give her a little nip on the paw just to keep her in line (see video after this next photo). It was fun and we had a "moment".

Sweet huh? Oh, here is that video! Mom missed all of the playing, but she did get a small amount on this video.



Well it is back to a nap for me!
Meows!
Tia

21 comments:

The Thundering Herd said...

Way to go CM, great kitty cat behavior. We, errrrr, lack that particular skill.

Randi said...

Oh my Dogness...that is so cute...Little Cornelia Marie trying to play pat with Tia..

Tia is quite the patient one!

love & licks,
Randi

The Army of Four said...

Meow, Tia! It's so great to see you - and to get a post from you! Your puppy is DARLING and I'm glad she's starting to respect you as the alpha of the house! You're doing great training her!
Tail wags and mmm-row!
Stormy

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Oh CM!

I would have used the right then the left!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

D'Azul Siberian said...

Oh thats cute. I think Cornelia Marie really wants to know what Tia is all about. All good unless Tia runs from her.

D'Azul, Where Siberians Rule

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Stay safe, Tia, my gal! You just can't trust those furry beasts. If giving the claw doesn't work, try the fart in the face trick.

Meow,
Wilbur

Lady Kaos said...

Awwww, how cute! You two are such good sisters.
Kaos

The Daily Echo said...

That was very good Cornelia Marie! Way to go since Santa Paws is watching us now you know.
ECHO

Tracey and Huffle said...

Tia, I think you are one amazingly patient kitty to put up with the puppy, although she is mighty cute. Love the gentle bite to the paw - gotta keep her in line somehow! Way to go my BFF!

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

Tia, you go grrl! Teach that puppy right.

Love & snoses, Guinness

Snowball said...

Tia, you sure have taught Cornelia Marie how to behave around you. You are a sweet kitty sissy any puppy could wish for.

Luv
Snowball

Maggie and Mitch said...

I'm gated off the stairs just like you are Cornelia Marie!
What a cute video!

Yer friend,
Mitch

Kathryn and Ari said...

We had a feeling Miss Khyra would be doing some trash-talking about this post--that girl just won't give a cat a break.

Tia, we think this newfound friendship is great. Before long, the two of you will be thick as thieves!

Princess Eva and Brice, the Duke of Destruction said...

Cats are soft and furry and fun to play with especially when they run. Sometimes I wish I still had a cat.

Princess Eva

Holly said...

Highly impressive my southern sis!! You and Tia will be friends before you know it!!

And yes, you are absolutely the picture of cuteness, right along with ME!!!

Aroooo!!
KhL

Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Tia
Great video. You and Cornelia Marie seem to get along really well.

Hope you have a great Christmas.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

The Army of Four said...

Ha roo, bee-roo-tiful girls! I'm giving you an award! Please stop by!
Play bows,
Zim

Turbo the Sibe said...

Tag for all of woo!

http://www.worldofturbo.com/2008/12/pippen-tagged-me.html

Thor and Marco Polo and 3 Kats said...

Meow Meow Tia

You are such a wonderful little kitty-kate to play with the little pupper!

Purrs
Mama, Mrsippi and Carolina

Comet and BLU said...

Cornelia Marie has much more restraint than we do. We would have put Tia's head in our mouths. hehehehe.
Comet and BLU

Amici said...

What a nice way to interact with your little sis. Very cute interactions.